One For All URC 8910, $20.@amazon.com

Bronze Member
Username: Exerciseguy

Brooklyn, NY USA

Post Number: 81
Just picked up the One For All URC 8910 for $20. @ amazon.com. Any opinions of this remote?

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1697
Can't beat One For All for compatibility. Too bad they took out the second LED emitter, they used to work in almost any position in any room, not anymore.

Unregistered guest
I have the same remote, and I love it. If you're not familiar with the URC remotes, I would suggest you start with the hifi-remote.com site to get you started with advanced codes.

If you use the "keymover" function to learn advanced codes rather than the "IR learn" function (when possible), you will save precious memory on your remote.

I also used their 1-800 number to download a new device code over the phone, so give their customer service a try if the remote doesn't work with one of your devices.

Silver Member
Username: Exerciseguy

Brooklyn, NY USA

Post Number: 148
I'm still learning & programming this remote, so I'll have hold off my final judgement for now, but my first impression is good.

The One For All customer service is excellent, I've already used them to download (cool!) some updated codes for my cable box & XM radio, the new code they gave me for my Marantz SR5400 didn't work well, so I reverted back to the generic Marantz code.

I've noticed that this remote has to be aimed exactly at the device in order to work, bummer.

Thanks for the heads'up on the hifi-remote.com site.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1751
Their newer remotes with a single emitter don't work anywhere as good as the older ones with dual emitters. Part of how good it works is the sensor in whatever you're operating, some are definitely better than others.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us