Minijack onto Speaker Wire (how?)

Username: Zerofour

Post Number: 1
I have a 4.1 PC speaker system. The speakers are connected to the sub via a wire that is split end speaker wire on the sub side and minijack on the speaker side. I need to make it longer, so I went out and bought 16 gauge speaker wire... now I need to put a minijack (stereo headphone jack) onto one end.

Can someone please tell me the best way to do this? or what to use?

I can't seem to find a good adaptor.

Thanks so much!

WEC
Unregistered guest
Get some wire nuts and splice the speaker wire that came with the system onto your 16 awg wire.

Anthony55545
Unregistered guest
Thats not a very good suggestion WEC, what if the original speaker cable is smaller in diameter (higher gauge). You should probably go to radioshack and get minijacks to that can connected to the speaker wire (I have no clue if that would even be a stick item though).

WEC
Unregistered guest
If I understand the set up...
The sub has standard, bare wire speaker terminals. His speaker wire has a mini jack (mono) at one end, and bare wire at the other. Bare wire goes to the sub. Mini jack to the speaker.

>>"Thats not a very good suggestion WEC, what if the original speaker cable is smaller in diameter (higher gauge)."<<

So. How much smaller can it be? 18awg? Just splice the 16awg extension on to the bare wire end of the stock speaker wire and be done with it.

Figuring I understand the set up that is!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us