Universal remote that can handle the Dish Network 811

Silver Member
Username: Jonmoon

Post Number: 210
Can anyone recommend a remote that will work with the Dish Network 811? I know that it is RF and there are supposedly modes or a way to have it respond to IR signals. Any help would be appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 373
my phillips pronto 3000 works with it and i also have the ir emitter stuck on the front and I'm using it through rf.

Username: Bigwavedave350

Mission Viejo, Ca U.S.A

Post Number: 2
My Mx3000 Works with it, but if you dont want to spend $1000 dollars on a remote then i would go with a Phillips Pronto, or the MX-850 Aeros w/MRF-250 Complete RF Package, the price of that is 499.90, You can get these remotes at Magnolia Home theatere (Best Buy) but to program either one of these remotes, it costs 400 hundred dollars. Anyway hope that helps

Username: Bigwavedave350

Mission Viejo, Ca U.S.A

Post Number: 3
My Mx3000 Works with it, but if you dont want to spend $1000 dollars on a remote then i would go with a Phillips Pronto, or the MX-850 Aeros w/MRF-250 Complete RF Package, the price of that is 499.90, You can get these remotes at Magnolia Home theatere (Best Buy) but to program either one of these remotes, it costs 400 hundred dollars. Anyway hope that helps

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 447
I programmed mine myself and found it to be a challenging experience. Only if you are PC savy do I suggest you try that. Anyway the result is that now if I want to change something or add another component I can do it myself.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 4147

Contact Dish Network for information regarding the IR pick up. I have an All-in-One learning remote (specific model no longer available) that operates the basic functions of the Dish 811. It would probably handle more but the amount of information the remote can store is ultimately limited and I chose which functions I always needed at hand. Some information had to be downloaded from ALL in One and the functions were put into the remote one at a time. Contact them for more information concerning their new remotes. I paid $49 for my remote at Best Buy and includes three macro commands.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us