Anybody from Connecticut?

Username: Tase2

Post Number: 8
I posted the following yesterday, but I believe I have completely checked the cable and connection inside the house, but have no way to reach the dish. I was wondering if there was anyone in CT who would be able to check the dish and connections for me? (Paid of course)

Post Number: 9
Oops forgot to post original post.

Sat2 not being recognized

Hi

I turned on D* today and recd message-Searching for Sat2signal. I went through all the troubleshooting scenarios and then called D*. (I have the HD10-250) The CSR had me switch the cables and low and behold Sat2 now worked and message stating searching for Sat1. So obviously it has someting to do with that coax connection. He wanted to set up a service call for $70. So I thought before I did that, I would ask around. He did say it could possibly be the multiswitch also, but I really have no way to get to the roof to check.

Seems to me that this should be something that can be fixed for less than $70. Do you think I just need to change the coax part that screws into the back of the receiver? (Not that I know how to do that).

What do you all think I should do?

Thanks
Mark

Post Number: 10
Thanks for your reply. I ended up calling D* anyway and setting up an appointment. This way if something goes wrong, it will be there fault.

Mark
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us