Coax to RCA? Want to reduce noise/hiss

Unregistered guest
My current setup:
1. Coax cable from wall goes into TV for audio/video
2. RCA out from TV into Receiver for audio

Unfortunately, when I turn the volume up on the receiver to hear the audio, I hear a high pitched hiss. I am curious if a coaxial to RCA adapter exists so I can run the coax right into the receiver. With the TV being the "middle man", it may be created the hiss I am hearing. I also opoen to other suggestions. Thanks!

FTH
Unregistered guest
Check the audio outs on the TV. If there are two, and one says fixed and the other says variable, use the fixed out.

If there's just one, try turning up the volume on the TV while you're running sound through the receive. The TV volume may be controling the signal level of the RCA outputs(variable out), causing you to turn up the receiver to high, resulting in the hiss. As you turn up the TV, lower the receiver.

whathejuce
Unregistered guest
That seemed to work, but I have to blast the TV, and there still is hiss. It's not hiss that you would hear from listening to a cassette tape, it's more of a high pitched, hurt your ears type hiss.

Is it possible that I could get a cable that has a regular coax on one end, and a RCA/digital male end on the other, and plug that into the digital input jack on my receiver?

FTH
Unregistered guest
>>"That seemed to work, but I have to blast the TV,"
Yeah, that's the problem with variable out puts on TVs

>>"Is it possible that I could get a cable that has a
>> regular coax on one end, and a RCA/digital male
>>end on the other, and plug that into the digital input
>>jack on my receiver?"
I don't think so. It's a defferent signal.

I Like Cheese
Unregistered guest
Right here dude

http://www.abccables.com/200-045.html

T.Page
Unregistered guest
I have the same problem. I checked the link "I like Cheese" posted, but it only has one RCA output...what I need is something that will take the coax signal and split it into left channel audio, right channel audio, and video RCA.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us