Looking for some help with new home wiring

Username: La2lvtom

Post Number: 5
I am having a new home built in Florida and unlike here in Las Vegas the builder would not let us do any extra wiring in the stick phase (something to do with they would have to warranty extra wiring, sounds like krap to me but anyway). I was going to have a home theater company out there retro in a satellite cable into each room but on my last trip out there we walked through the unfinished house and I now notice the whole house is vaulted so I know I dont want to spend that kind of money for a retro in a vaulted house. The house is wired for cable so I'm thinking of having them use the existing wire for both cable (I only need it for the cable modem in the main room) and satellite and diplex it at the wall plate. Is this a good idea and if not any ideas would be appreciated. Oh yeah I'm switching to VOOM when I get out there so is there a good indoor offair antenna since voom does'nt offer local HD channels (and I know there is no triplexer made). Thanx, Tom

Anonymous

It's done all the time. Especially in homes that are older. You will have to pull in a line or two to the roof.

Find out if the builder or electrician used RG-59 or RG-6 cable as RG-6 is already spec'd out for sat. use. I'm a builder just up the road from you in St. George and have not personally seen a house around here wired with RG-59 in the past 3 years. Maybe you already lucked out.

Lester
Unregistered guest
CRAP....
There should be no reason why you can't hire an independant sub contractor to pull additional low voltage wires. It's done all the time. That's why CEDIA exists.

If it's your house, then add wires. Research what the builder can and can't say no to. That's crap!

Find a CEDIA member, custom installer in your area.
That really pissess me off.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us