Cable/connectors for tv to stereo

frosty
Unregistered guest
i have a tv with fixed audio output (designed to be run into stereo receiver/amplifyer)

connectors for tv output and stereo input are both rca

i have radio shack in-wall 24 awg 2-conductor shielded audio cable (50 ')

will 24 awg carry the signal for a run of 40'?

can i attach each of the 2 conductors to an rca plug using the common shielding as ground to each? (i.e. using one conductor to xmit L and the other to xmit R and sharing the ground - thus one cable)

alternatively, can i ignore the ground on the rca connector and just use speaker wire?

tnx

Lester
Unregistered guest
>>"can i attach each of the 2 conductors to an rca plug using the common shielding as ground to each? (i.e. using one conductor to xmit L and the other to xmit R and sharing the ground - thus one cable) ">>

Yes, for the most part. I use two pair shielded cable in the same fashion, only I get a stereo send and return for system to system interconnect. The only issue... if the grounds of the RCA's on your receiver are isolated. I've never run into this situation though.

If you don't want to solder... cut ten inches or so off the end of a stereo RCA interconnect. Strip it and use "B" connectore to make the splice. The copper shielding of the RCA's (L&R) to the drain or ground of the shielded cable.

Don't use speaker wire.

L.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us