Monster component cables: monster 1 or thx ultra?

Username: Mysteryroach

Post Number: 3
i purchased 3 sets of monster (stage 1) component cables about a year ago. 1 for my dvd, i for my hd-dvr, and one for my hdtv. i saw that there are actually 3 stages of monster component cables plus one called monster ultra thx certified. are there really any noticible difference between them all? is it worth me paying 99.99 for the ultra thx cables? what is the absolute best in component cables? any help would be appreciated. thanks mike

Bronze Member
Username: Builder1

Post Number: 16
doubtful you will notice a difference and even if probably not worth the cost. remember there are brands other than monster that are much more expensive

Username: Eramsey

South carolina United States

Post Number: 2
I fully agree with you Acious! If you buy Monster brand there is no need to really buy anything other than their "entry" level cables as you are just paying for more shielding,which their entry models are adequately shielded. I can't understand all the bellyaching and whining about the price of Monster brand cables on this forum,when compared to much of what is out there especially in the higher end spectrum, the price is quite reasonable for the Monster Brand. Another brand to consider is Acoustic Research. I have used their cables and they are even cheaper than Monster, usually half the cost for a given type cable and there is no diffrence in performance with respect to both audio and video. E.Ramsey AAS industrial electronics
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us