Star Choice IRC442 Remote Code for Durabrand dbtv1020

Username: Mauler

Post Number: 1
I have a 19" Durabrand DBTV1020 Television. I can not find the code for it in the Star Choice manual, and I have sat down for over an hour searching through the remote and still cannot find it. Is there anyone who could give me the code, I would greatly apreciate it.
vav_mauler@hotmail.com

jeffstewart
Unregistered guest
ok..i have a uni remote from cable provider. had to call the manufacturer about my durabrand t.v. guy said that they have to upgrade the remote, and thats the only solution..they would do it for free... hope that helps

Unregistered guest
I have a 19" Durabrand DU1901 TV. I can't find the code for my Echostar Satellite. I would greatly apreciate it.

Cheap Buyer
Unregistered guest
THERE IS NO CODE FOR THE DURABRAND TV AT THIS TIME, SO SAYS THE MFG REP @ 877 337 3639. WOULD SUGGEST BUYERS WHO WANT CODES RETURN PRODUCT IN EXCHANGE FOR A NAMED BRAND.

Unregistered guest
does anyone know the code for durabrand tv.ijust bought my son one in november and he messed up his control and now i cant get a remote to work with it any help appreciated email me at gamedic7700@yhaoo.com

Anonymous

recall all duraband telvisions due to no reliable back up remote avileable help us all find some help

Unregistered guest
CAN ANYONE HELP ME?I NEED THE CODE OR CODES FROM MY DURABRAND REMOTE TO THE CABLE BOX,ITS A SCIENTIFIC ATLANTA.

Username: Martybridge

I have a Durabrand television with a bad remote. The model is BH2004D. There is no Universal remote that will work. The people at 877-337-3639 said I should send $20.00 to Higher America in New York and they will send me one. After getting all the responses above, I called Walmart. I suggested (rather strongly) they take Durabrand off their shelves. I have had a call from Walmarts merchandising dept. and am waiting on a call from the Buyer. I will boycott all Durabrand products until this is corrected.

Anonymous

after reading everyones complaint about there durabrand tv including the one i got. i have only one sollution. taking mine back and throwing threw the window. never buy tv's from walmart.

Anonymous

I just bought a Durabrand 1905 and set out to find the remote codes for it. Found this site and realized I'm obviously not alone.

So I Just got off the phone with Durabrand reps who were no help.. I insisted on speaking to a manager who was also NO HELP, other than telling me that some of their products are purposely made to only function with the OEM remote!

I'm taking the worthless piece of crap back to the store and never again buying that brand or any others associated with it.

I suggest everyone boycott Durabrand, Their parent company Funai and all the other junk brands they make. http://www.funai-corp.com

Unregistered guest
I have a durabrand BH2004D tv the remote from direct tv worked on it but i changed to dish and now i cant control it. if any one finds a code that works with a dish remote on the durabrand please tell me.

Unregistered guest
I recently bought a Durabrand Television Model DU1901. My parents bought it for me for Christmas and then I moved out and did nothing more with it than but it in the box and plug it back in at my apartment. Now I have no sound or picture.. Any ideas before I take it to a service center?

whiskybran
Unregistered guest
Try the Orion code. It worked for me.

froglady
Unregistered guest
Thanks, the orion code 0493 worked for my 19". Good luck, I think you will need it.

Username: Martybridge

Post Number: 2
I'm glad to hear that your remote works with the satelite. For those it does not work with, I have the name and e-mail [phone numbers] of people that count. I have been two months on a Durabrand BH2004D remote that I bought from Walmart. I have heard every excuse in the book. They still did not know me [although I sent in my warranty card] after all this time. I would like to suggest that people do some research. My television is represented by Haier America. This company is owned by Communist China. I wish I had known that when I was in the market. I hold Walmart responsible for buying this crap to begin with.
If you want the address send me a line.
martybridge@ev1.net

Unregistered guest
too everyone that is still using the durabrand remoted control that came with the tv. There is the answer right in front of everyone, if you look at the remote you will see a button that looks like -/--. that is the button that controls the channels. press that before you press a two digit number and it actually works. My son showed this to me when I asked him why I couldnt figure out the channel part of this.....DUH dont I feel dumb.

pje
Unregistered guest
I don't think the -/-- should make a difference on the power button do you?

Unregistered guest
Hi all. I've been working on this remote problem too. If there are any numbers on the BH2004D original remote someone please post them and I'll see if I can locate a replacement remote or at least figure out who made it. Someone in a post says it's a Haier, but the picture on WalMart's site is an Orion set. There are a lot of manufacturers for Durabrand, but Orion and Funai are the most common. If you know what the original looked like go to www.newremotecontrol.com and look at the Funai and Orion remotes. If a physical match is found let me know and I'll try to verify that it puts out the right IR code.

Anonymous

numers inside remote for the BH2004D are

RC0541/00
3139 238 08041
HTR-098
CC01 05444 B 004693
Hope this helps. Maybe if you find something you can send me an email to let me know where. Stormyscorpio78@yahoo.com

Kelly Jo
Unregistered guest
Looking for remote code for a Durabrand DBTV1020, know it? Please send to: umecommunicate@mail.com

Unregistered guest
I have a t.v DBTV2024PF. I can not find the code for the sub-brightness. plaese give me the code. I would greatly apreciate it.

evertaker
Unregistered guest
try 052. it worked for me.....good luck.
durabrand.

eurojax
Unregistered guest
Orion code 0463 worked for my 27" Duracrap.

Brat4ever1
Unregistered guest
I've bought two universal remotes to replace the Durabrand model. One said that it worked for Durabrand on the back of the package but when you open it up, no code in the book. I tried so many codes for the other one and nothing. I finally found 1-800-remotes and they have OEM's that you can purchase. They are not cheap. I ended up spending $48 with shipping charges. Now I just hope that it works when it gets here. I will NEVER buy another Durabrand product!

Cheap_Freddy
Unregistered guest
Try 0171 - it worked for my 27". I tried the Orion codes with no luck. The I tried the Funai ones and lucked out with the last one - 0171.

Username: Jactor2k2

Dodge city, Kansas Usa

help son has durabrand tv 19 inch does any universal remote work??????? have one for all searched for code for hours

Username: Hunt167

I have a RCA universal remote, (sold at Walmart)
Sanyo code #1189 works on my Duraband TV

Anonymous

I was able to get a Jensen 4 way remote JR400 to work on my Durabrand 13 inch DWT 1304 using the search mode

Anonymous

i need acode for a durabrand

Unhappy person
Unregistered guest
I just got the Motorola DVR/PVR box with Cable One, and the Atlas DVR/PVR remote. I can't get the remote to work with my 20" Durabrand BH2004D tv. There's codes listed for Durabrand for the remote, but none works.

NRH
Unregistered guest
FWIW, I got my Durabrand BH2004D to work with my DirecTV DVR remote by using the Code Search function. I recently moved and could not locate my remote for the Durabrand, so I hoped to operate it with the new DirecTV controller. I had been unsuccessful getting the Durabrand to work with a Phillips universal and after reading this thread I did not think I would be able to get the DirecTV controller to work either. There were no codes listed for either the Durabrand or for an Orion, which I had sitting next to the Durabrand.

I was able to use the Phillips universal to operate the Orion, so I gave up on the Durabrand and decided to try to program the DirecTV controller for the Orion using a program search. As I progressed through the codes to try to find a code for the Orion, the Durabrand serendipidously responded. :-)

Now the Phillips universal operates the Orion and the DirecTV controller is operating my (larger) Durabrand.

Unregistered guest
I would like to know how to program my tv to get all the chanels. I can't understand the instructions. Please help me, I just bought it yesterday, it is a 13 inch, the remote says HYF-23A

no import crap
Unregistered guest
I recently inherited a BH2004D Durabrand tv. I've had all the problems mentioned; remote and the problem changing to two digit channels. first of all thanks for all the answers from everyone, boy did it save me the headaches But one thing it is not just crap chinese tvs, but all the crap coming in from china, our gov't and big business has and will continue to screw us over until we quit buying this crap and demand products made in the USA.

Anonymous

USE CODES FOR FUNAI I found one that worked for the Duraband 13inch set I lost the remote for.
Good luck to all. 1038, 1046, 1047, 1189

Unregistered guest
i have a 13" durabrand tv and i have lost the remote. without the remote i cannot watch my dvd player. what is the code of durabrand for a uni500 remote. i would really appreate that, thanx.

DurabrandUserToo
Unregistered guest
Orion Code 0463 Worked for me too...

DexterFUN STUFF
Unregistered guest
Just so you are all aware of this fact ... the codes you are all describing are dependant on the modle of the universal remote you are using most universal remotes have a proprietary listing of the codes for thier own use so you are are better off to spend the extra 5 bucks to buy a universal remote with the code search opetion

SamFreeman
Unregistered guest
The code for Durabrand is 096

Username: Markotaing

Brookings, South Dakota USA

I have a P.O.S. Durabrand bh2004d and the stupid thing gets a big black square right in the middle of the screen. It will go away for a little while if I channel up or down but it returns for no reason.
Could this be in the t.v. or could it be a weak cable signal?

twistedjester
Unregistered guest
27" Durabrand T.V. code 0171 worked for me. In the code list look for Funai.

Unregistered guest
I'm been having the same problem. I have a 19" DBTV1020 and I can't figure out the code with a Radio shack universal 5-in-1 remote. I know that there's a search option, but I lost the remote instructions...

Does anybody know how to perform the search function on a universal remote?

gladysfriday
Unregistered guest
I have a 13" Durabrand Tv. Was looking for a very simple universal remote for my aging mother, so I found a Sony RM-EZ2 Universal Remote that seemed suitable. (Note: Durabrand was not on the code list, but for $10.00, took my chances anyways because it did have a search function.)
I tried using the search function with no luck after searching approx. 200 codes. This remote uses three digit codes and only lists 75, from 001 to 075, so I assumed after searching for so long I had to have gone through the list at least twice.
Then I turned the TV to Channel 3 and tried the search function again and was successful after less than 10 codes. I don't know if this had any relevance or if it was just fluke, but thought it was worth mentioning. I'm sorry I don't know what that code was because there is no display, but the search funtion did work....on Channel 3.

Unregistered guest
I used code 107 for my Durabrand BH2004D. However this code only worked on my old RCA universal remote, and not the Dish network remote.

Most newer universal remotes don't seem to work with mine. The only reason I want a remote is to put my tv into Video mode (The tv is crap when it comes to watching dvds from my dvd player, since the volume is too low even when you turn it up, then when I switch back to tv, the volume would be really high)

Someone please list 3 digit codes, since I only have Dish network and not DirectTV.

Tankerbot
Unregistered guest
I found a very interesting code that the menufacturer of the BH2004D (Durabrand 19' TV).

I accidently discovered it while trying to get the dish network universal remote to work with it.

The code is: 683

Please note that this code has only been tested with the Dish Network 322 Universal remote.
Other Dish network based universal remotes should also work.

Expiremt with the button and and you will end up end some type of special setup mode that you can actually change advanced setting that arn't in the standard setup menu.

Removing the black screen (shows up when there is only static) is one example. You can even mess with the Horizantal position of the screen etc.

Experiment with it with care, since there is over 40 different settings and if you change them and forget what the orgenal settings were, you could end up with a very expensive paper wieght (lol).

Sheree
Unregistered guest
I have the Time Warner Cable Digital Cable box and it comes with a universal remote. Does anyone have any experience with any code that might work for this remote? Alos I need to play a VCR and all I really need is the input button. does anyone else know how to get to watch my vcr and change inputs on this televison?

Username: Tcancergirl

I bought a 19" Durabrand Model # DWT1905 for my kids and they lost their remote, this remote had a game button on it and what I would like to know is if I can use a universal remote with it so that they can play their PS2 or should I just buy another remote from the manufacturer. Any help will be greatly appreciated. tcancergirl69@yahoo.com

Username: Inky13

Prescott Valley, AZ USA

Greetings all:

I have a Durabrand BH2004D TV. I bought it 2 years ago with my college roommates and ultimately it is now in my room, however, we lost the remote. I've bought a few universal remotes and heavily researched the forums about the issue at hand with no success. I currently have the URC-3220 remote. I've thrown in every code that I can, used its search function, used the codes on this forum, as well as others, and the codes provided at the mfg's websites.

Shall I give up and pay the $40 for a replacement or do any of you know of a code/remote that will work?

Thanks.

Username: Ballin16

does any1 know how to put durabrand BH2004D on video so i could use my ps2, i dont have the remote.

Username: Luis2144

Concord, Califaz Usa

Upload
i have a durabrand t.v. and i cant find the code for remote control please i need alot of help my remote control is called Philips PM335 Universal Remote Upload

Username: Opp123

Code for dish network is 720. I found it under emerson

Username: Mickel_001

My 13" durabrand tv is making a buzzing noise help !?!

Username: Jane_ii

I recently had a problem programming my 13" Durabrand TV to work with my Motorola satellite box. No luck. It can be done, I had a smart tech from Star Choice know it but I lost it. Anyway, I purchased a 4 in 1 universal remote for $12.99 at my local hardware store and voila, there is a code in there for my TV and I can control my VCR, DVD and satellite box with it too. You don't have to pay a huge price for a replacement remote. Best of luck.

Username: Mariak

I just got a rca universal remote for my durabrand tv tried everything cannot get it to work pls help

thanks

Username: Greywoolf

Jacksonville, Florida United States

I have found that on my Logitech 670 URC that the codes for my Sylvania SST4323 will, unfortunately, also control the DURABRAD WDT1905. I say unfortunately in that I am in a small nursing home room and my roommate has the Durabrand and I have the Sylvania. Trying to comtrol or respective TVs independently is a nightmare! Now that I have "solved" the Durabrand code question, can someone please help me get a divorce from my roommate's TV??? :-)

Username: The_last_bboy

For those with a Durabrand TV THE CODE IS 0135. I have a $10.00 family dollar remote and thats the code that works. I hope this helps

SFC Smith

Username: The_last_bboy

Post Number: 2
There is ALWAYS a code for EVERYTHING in todays world. My 19" Durabrand TV works great with this code " 0135 " GOOD LUCK Gentz'

SFC Smith
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us