Cable card and HP media center.

Username: Klgreen1973

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 1
Hello everyone. I was surfing the web and accidently discovered this site. I am so glad IO did though. I was wondering if anyone had purchased an HP media center computer and installed a cable card. I brought one 2 weeks ago and I want to install a cable card to view HD and digital cable. Thanks in advance.

Bronze Member
Username: Slntdeath

Post Number: 27
Although it would make sense for a Media Center computer to come with a cable card, or TV Tuner, It's an easy task to install one yourself. As far as watching HD Signals on your computer, I don't know of any cards that are compatible with HD TV.

Bronze Member
Username: Aculous

Post Number: 29
theres tons of cards that are HD compatible. Avermedia has a couple and haugauge has one. Go with the Avermedia cards. Also there is a card called the fusionhdtv 5 which is really good but not really a consumer grade card. More for someone who is a computer professional, however a person could most likely install just fine themselves. I would go for the avermedia usb models because of ease of install and you can get the kit which comes with the remote and receiver.

Check out cnet.com for some reviews of tv tuner cards.

companies to look at are FusionHDTV cards, Hauppauge, and Avermedia. Make sure they are HD compatible, most are not.

www.digitalconnection.com
https://www.digitalconnection.com/store/Product_List.asp?CID=3&CAT=HDTV%20TUNER% 20CARD
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us