Laptop to TV

Username: Lecyle

Newport, North Carolina USA

Post Number: 1
Hi, everyone new in town. Wanted to know if anyone could lend some info on how to convert my HannStar HSD150PX14-A LCD screen to a tv? The HannStar still has all of it's orignal connections. I have some ideals for turning it into a possible projection screen tv. Peace and Chicken Grease

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4596
You need a TV tuner and some type of video input.

Now this thread is going to fill with idiots having problems hooking up their laptop to a TV via S-Video cable...

Post Number: 2
Thanks..............But I'm not one of those idiots...just wanted to know what the layout of the pin arrangement so I could get this little project going....I've never done this before, just wanted some good advice.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 4597
The pinout of what adaptor?

I wasn't calling you an idiot, just the ones that will respond with the off-topic comments :-)

Post Number: 3
No harm done... It's the actual 32 pin connector that has the +/-, horinz </>, vertical u/d, etc.
I haven't gotten into the wonderful world of tv's and monitors, just yet, but if I could get some help it would be a good start. Thanx

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 4605
What color is it? It sounds a lot like DVI: http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=1577

Post Number: 4
I don't know really...I got the screen from my friend's laptop that he was throwing away. There's nothing wrong with it, I just can't tell what wires do what, what sort of power supply I need, and if it's worth my time trying to make it into a tv. I also have a kit, that if I can make it into a tv, I will be able to use it as a projection screen tv, or some portable tv. Thanx

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 4624
So essentially, it's a raw LCD screen? At that point it would be best to contact HannStar and ask them for a pinout. I'll be honest in saying I don't think it's worth the effort, but you never know...

Post Number: 5
Been there, done that. They don't like their product being used in an application that I want to use it for..."That whole making money scheme or something" But thank you Jexx for the advice, and I know where to come to for all of my TV S-Video to Laptop conversions..... just joking, you know I'm only serious....Thanx

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 4632
Haha, yeah, sorry it didn't work out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us