How do i connect my laptop to my hifi so i can have better sound quality?

Username: Betty_boop_2022

Post Number: 1
Please put it in really simple terms as i am female lol Am due to go 2 uni so am getting a nu laptop but need 2 no wot i need 2 do 2 connect it 2 my cd player speakers. Also wot wood i need 2 connect it 2 my nu lcd tv for a bigger moniter so i dont have to take a dvd player aswell.

Cood sum1 please help me as im so confused

Beth x

Jerrid Mulville
Unregistered guest
In order to hook your laptop to your stereo speakers you need a cord which has a headphone plug on one side (to plug into your laptop) and on the other end it needs a red prong and a white one (which plug into your stereo then)to connect your lcd tv you need a tv output cable to connect the tv and laptop (most laptops don't have this port) so I am not sure it can be done (but dont quote me on this) hopefully that should help

Unregistered guest
I have a nice, old, friendly Hi Fi based around a Technics A600 Mk2 amp. I also have a nice fiendly Dell Latitude D600 laptop which has a CD burner. I have lots of old friendly vinyl LP's, some of them irreplacable. Is there a device which would allow me to hook up the laptop and make CD copies of my LP's?

Unregistered guest
I have a dvd hi-fi with 5.1 surround sound and a HP laptop. I wish to connect them together to watch DVDs with sound being generated by my hi-fi speakers. Do I connect a plug to the headphone socket on my laptop and plug the other two-pronged end into DVD hi-fi? What I am struggling to understand is which two sockets on the back of my DVD hi-fi I need to plug into? Do I need any other connection/special features to do the above?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2641
They go into the AUX IN jacks. You won't get true 5.1 sound as your laptop doesn't have the proper hardware and software. But the stereo most likely has the option to try its best to decode the 5.1 sound so you'll get close.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us