Win98SE prod. reg

coldgirl
Unregistered guest
Running Windows 98SE and it says it can't find config. files when you turn it on. You say OK then it goes to product registration. Can't find registration #, but I wrote down what I thought was the number. When you go to enter it I'm about 5 number short. All this happened after I defragmented the computer. Safe mode says there is an illegal operation with explorer. Any help to reinstall or correct would be appreciated. Thanks

coldgirl
Unregistered guest
called microsoft and they gave me a new number. Now after doing the prod reg, when the desktop comes up it has an internet explorer error message. Can someone help me with this one?

coldgirl
Unregistered guest
Started with I had to re-enter the prod registration key (which I didn't have, but microsoft gave me one) Did that and tries to get to my desktop and comes up with the error
"explorer caused an invalid page fault in module explorer.exe". You do control/alt/del and there are no programs running. Close the screen with the error and you can't go any further. Got a little further. Used boot log disk and win98se disk, got up to windows trying to install. New error:
Generic Installer error
Message SU99407
Add reg= processing error (0x197)
Then you press ok and go no-where, New suggestions please

anthonybib
Unregistered guest
no freakin clue...

new one to me and ive been working along time...

sounds like its an older computer might be time to upgrade anyways...go find out how to build one and do it u can make one for around 300 or so for a cheap one and 600 for top of the line stuff
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us