Tv on my computer

Username: Lgfreese

Post Number: 1
Hi I have a dell diminsion 9100 and jsut bought a tv card. I would like to watch tv on my computer . When I call Dell for support they tell me to connect an S cable to my tv to the tv tuner card . Tried to explain there is no TV in my office just cable outlet .Can someone please help me I know this can be done I have a friend who has this done / thanks Linda

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 3612
What kind of TV card did you get?

Does it have an input for a cable signal?

Post Number: 2
yes it does have an input for a cable signal . Can you believe this Dell sells me the tv tuner card but sends no c/d for installation . I know just a little about computers to be dangerous so I'm trying so hard to figure out how this work. Berny all I have or #s for the tv tuner crd;mm;tvt3;fh;mceo5 / Thanks for your reply Linda

Gold Member

Post Number: 3614
It should be a plug and plag device. Have you installed it yet?

After you install it, let it go through all the motions and then re-start. The program is probably already in the system. After installation, just plug the cable in and go from there.

Post Number: 3
When I started up the system is stated there was new hardware to download so I did this and then it stated i need a c/d to complete the process / on the phone again with Dell Not very happy with there support system / Linda

Gold Member

Post Number: 3615
keep bugging them and complain to a supervisor.

Post Number: 4
been on the phone waiting for 30 minutes i will not hang up until I get this fixed / thank Berny

Gold Member

Post Number: 3616
ask them if there is a way to download the program onto your computer and have them send you the disc anyway.

Post Number: 5
ohh great idea i will ask them that I have been transfered to another dept . Linda

Gold Member

Post Number: 3620
While you are at it, tell them how much of a loyal customer you are and see if you can sweet talk them into getting you some free stuff:-)

They usually do, free anti-virus, movie editing software, etc.lol!

Post Number: 6
Can you believe it going on 2 hours and still on hold !!!!!!!!!!!! had tech support she transferrred me waited 40 minutes then they disconncected me called back waited 45 minutes then she transferred me to service and here i sit on hold again I better get something / linda

Gold Member

Post Number: 3623
2 HOURS????

Absolutely ridiculous.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us