Need advice desperately - notebook sharp MM20 dvd/cd

Username: Mpetva

Post Number: 1
Hi,
I am new here and this is my first post.
My computer challenged husband just went (without knowing what he was doing)and purchased a new Sharp Notebook, Model MM20, of course it is not returnable, sighs....
Not knowing what to look for he purchase a laptop without a CD and/or DVD player. And of course that is a problem.
My question is:

Can we buy another/any brand external dvd/cd player that will work with a Sharp Laptop, or does it have to e a SHARP player only?

We checked the Sharp website and theirs are very, very expensive, about $250 to $300.....

Thanks in advance for your help,input and advice
mkp

Username: Mpetva

Post Number: 2
Sorry I forgot,
I would also like some recommendations on which DVD/CD combo drive, plays dvds, music cd's, read and write cd only, no need to have DVD recording ability, to buy and where if possible?
Thanks
mkp

Brian Excarnate
Unregistered guest
The Sharp MM20 comes with a cradle that allows it to show up on a PC (running MS Windows at least) as a drive. So you may not need an external drive if you have one on a desktop (or even another portable) PC.

Otherwise, you'll have USB (not firewire) so pretty much everything _should_ work and I like TDK and Plextor a lot, but am willing to try (returnable :-) cheaper externals, such as those found at Sam's Club http://www.samsclub.com

If you only have the MM20, you may consider a DVD writer, if only to make backups, even if you don't need it/want it otherwise.

default_player
Unregistered guest
you should be able to use just about every USB external drive, if you want cheap ones, just get buy an internal drive and get an USB external drive box, and that should have no problem at all.

You can also get slim external drives, lite-on has a couple, so does panasonic (I think), Pioneer and Sony.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us