How to speed up your web browser

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3531
These two pieces of software have made my web browsing much faster and I thought id share it with you all. 1)firefox 2) firetune (firetune helps optimizing setting in firefox further according to your connection type and pc power)

www.firefox.com
www.firetune.com

Gold Member

Post Number: 3532
Heres another site to look at if you decided to use firefox as your browser.

http://www.flexbeta.net/main/printarticle.php?id=79

Gold Member

Post Number: 3533
another site with intresting tips for fast browsing

http://www.geekgirls.com/net_browser_tips.htm

Gold Member

Post Number: 3534
using firefox it seems like if you use the maf option and save a whole webpage and click on that page saved info instead of going to the site that it increases the speed of the page load over just typing in the web address (thought you might like to try this also)

Silver Member
Username: G3nocd3

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 330
Most of the time, when you speed up the browser, you are really taking away the look and quality of the page you are looking at. Thats how the so called "high speed dial up" works. It basically reduces quality to lead stuff faster. Other than cookies, and temporary internet files. Theres no way to load stuff faster when its your internet connection that decides it. Dont expect lightning speed on dial up or even sometimes dsl. Dont get me wrong there are some worthwile tweaks to make you browser run faster, but most just downgrade everything. Just be patient, i mean come on, when i started we were not even at 17 k. People are just to impatient now. Live with what you have.

Silver Member

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 331
O and firefox is slower than internet explorer. In every way with every benchmark. Tech Tv "the screensavers" covered this a year or so ago. Internet explorer is still the fastest. Its not always the best, but the benchmarks prove its the fastest. No arguing with with facts. :-)

Silver Member

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 332
O and if you may ask, I use both firefox and IE depending on what im doing on the net. Both are awsome, both have their advantages and disadvantages. So dont say i dissed mozilla or IE, kuz both are flippin awsome , and both are getting more secure as time goes by. Just dont expect to see huge differences between them, because both are amazingly similar. If you dont beleive me look at the source code. I kno i have, since ive made plugins for both.

Silver Member

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 333
:-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 3536
i know about them reducing the quality and i tried my version of this and it works ...cant beat free!!! and it reduces web traffic!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 3537
Next thing I wanna figure out how to do is make my dialup connection work without making my phone line stay busy. (and I dont mean something like call wave I mean like broadband dsl)

Silver Member

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 339
Cant be done. Phones are one signal. Thats it. You cant have info bein sent without killing the signal. Thats why dsl is diff. You need phone filters with dsl or it will kick the dsl connection. There is no possible way to be able to talk on the same line as you are surfing the web on dial up. Its not possible, since you are basically making a phone call. Maybe 3 way would work, but doubt it. There really isnt any way. Why dont you just get dsl man. Its like 15 a month for verizon. Even when i lived out at my farm in iowa, I still had dsl, its offered almost everywhere now, and its cheap enough.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3538
Well I was talking about somethinng like this (should give you some ideas)

http://home.elp.rr.com/terlouw/ConfigurePC.htm

Gold Member

Post Number: 3539
actually read this page first

http://home.elp.rr.com/terlouw/DCWinMEServer.htm
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us