Drive unreadable

mumbles
Unregistered guest
Turned on the computer today and my secondary hard drive was gone. Checked device manager it said that it was there and working fine but system information says the opposite.I then went into disk managment it says the drive is there but unreadable and dynamic finally went into event viewer and found errors occuring that said The device \device\harddisk1\dr1 has a bad block and another error saying dmboot failed to auto import disk group all volume in the disk group are not available. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drive with no luck i have also gone to the manufacturers web site and found little help any help or advice would be appreciated the drive is a maxtor 30 Gig running windows 2000 pro again thanks for any help.

Silver Member
Username: G3nocd3

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 160
This is your secondary so you os isnt on it. What so you mean by uninstalled everything and installed. If the drive is good still reformat it using prompt.

Format d:

Unless you formatted thats not cleaning the drive out. So make sure you formtat. How old is the drive, how often do you shut your computer down, etc all can help you figure out if the drive is bad. Its better to leave a comp on all the time than shut it on and off many times during the day.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us