Nikon d80 not working

Username: Wildlens

Post Number: 1
hi
my d80 shows full battery ; autofocus works counter shows ( ) blank,
every other setting can be changed except the back panel near the lcd where i can only change the af point with the rocker switch

the problem is that i cannot see pictures already on the card or shoot new ones, also the camera cannot be turned off once it is turned on ;
i tried the reset button but still the problem persists,
is there anything else i can try out.

thanks for your suggestions James23p and dm1dave
i have already tried the hard reset ,taking off the battery for a few hours had some impact on the functioning i can now turn it off and shutter release button works but still not able to save pictures or access them on any of my 3 cards kingston,transcend and umax none of them is locked and have been using them for the last 6 months.
the problem started when one of my friend accidently removed the battery while the cam was on.

thought about reinstalling the firmware but the problem is i cannot access the card even when i connect it to the pc the problem occurs with all the cards, the green light never blinks.

Username: Tensamten

Post Number: 1
Where you able to find a solution for this problem?

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 15287
This is usually because of memory card problems. Use memory cards that are recommended by Nikon and not some off-brand cards.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us