Need help with a DSLR lens

Username: Seeemeeego

New Orleans, LA

Post Number: 7
OK, I'm back. I have purchased a Nikon D50 body that came with a Nikon 18-55mm AF-S DX Zoom Lens. Now I need to buy something for distance. As I said before, I am a journalism teacher buying a camera for school yearbook photography. I need the most bang for my buck, one lens that would handle the most telephoto type shots for the best price I can suss out. I don't want much, do I?

What about this one -

"Sigma's 70-300mm f/4-5.6 APO Super Macro lens is a compact apochromatic tele zoom lens incorporating two Special Low Dispersion glass elements in the front lens group, plus one Special Low Dispersion glass element in the rear lens group, to minimize chromatic aberration.

This Tele-Macro Zoom lens is capable of focusing down to 1:2 (half life-size) reproduction ratio at 300mm focal length with superb optical quality. The advanced optical design of the 70-300mm APO Super Macro lens uses materials that are lead and arsenic free ecological glass. A detachable bayonet hood is included.

The Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 APO Super Macro is an extremely versatile lens that is ideal for close-up work, portraits, sports and nature photography, and all telephoto requirements.

Will mount to ANY Nikon Manual Focus or AutoFocus Film or Digital SLR Camera."

Thanks again guys for your help.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7416
Yes, that will work.

It is also important to state a budget when you are trying to get recommendations for lens.

Username: Seeemeeego

New Orleans, LA

Post Number: 8
Thanks Berny. I can't say that I really have budgeted an amount for a lens. I'm just looking for the lowest price lens that will cover the bases for me. I'm basically buying this for high school students to use, and I'm paying for it out of my own pocket so I'm just trying to get us by.

I'm glad to know that is a lens that will work for me. I appreciate your help.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7418
In that case...that would be the perfect lens:-)

Silver Member
Username: Claudermilk

Post Number: 302
Any possibility of going used? Take a look over at KEH, they usually have a good selection of equipment & it would help save a few more bucks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us