Which digital camera to buy?

digcam
Unregistered guest
I would like to buy a new digital camera. From the following list of the cameras, please suggest me which one is the best to buy.

1. Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ5
2. Kodak EasyShare DX 7590
3. Kodak EasyShare Z740
4. Konica-Minolta DiMage Z5
5. Fujifilm Finepix S5600/5200

Thanks for any suggestions.
digcam

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4048
What are the reasons that you narrowed down the list to these 5?
If you have chosen these because of reviews from various sources then you really can't go wrong, now, can you? With all things being equal, chose the camera that has the best battery capacity and the one that that can turn on and function the fastest, the moment you hit the "ON" button. You may think it is trivial but realize that a special moment is fleeting and if you have to wait a few seconds for the camera to respond, the moment is gone.

What is your photographic experience?
If you are the occasional photographer, these selection are all fine, pic one and go with it.

digcam
Unregistered guest
Berny, Thanks for your response.

Actually, I am a newbie in photography. So my photographic experience is zero. But I am interested in taking photos like the experience photographers have done in the geographic magazine.
I have a tight budget so I couldn't afford to buy the expensive digital SLR Cameras. I found these 5 cameras from some sources on the web.
But as I said I have no experience in this field, I cannot make a final decision.
So I hope someone who has more experience in photography can suggest me which one is the best one for me to buy.
Please suggest me.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4058
I would get the Panasonic Lumix FZ5. Great image stabilization features and virtually no shutter lag and quick to turn on.

However it is not the camera that takes the pictures, it is the photographer. Given the right skill, the proper eye and the gift of experience, any primitive camera will work better than the best equipment in the hands of the unskilled.

So go out there take pictures and learn your way to great works of art.

digcam
Unregistered guest
Berny, Thank you very much for your kind advice and encourage me to learn the photography. Now I can decide which one to buy.
I will get the Panasonic Lumix FZ5 and start to learn the works of art.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us