My first HT room

Username: Bigbrit

IN

Post Number: 9
Just finished my HT room, I am blown away by the pic and the sound. I'll be spending a lot of time in here...

Bronze Member
Username: Polksavage

Post Number: 83
pics?

IN

Post Number: 10
I tried last night to add pics, lets try again...
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Bronze Member

IN

Post Number: 11
Few more pics...
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Touche6784

USA

Post Number: 1128
what about a list of equipment?

Bronze Member

IN

Post Number: 12
The equipment is as follows, the screen size is 13ft diag, although painted on the wall the picture is fantastic with the DIY Theater screen paint. Preperation of the wall is paramount to a good result. I might buy a fixed screen one day but it looks impressive as it is.

JBL Speakers. 1 x EC35 Center Speaker
2 x E20 Bookshelf
2 x E80 Floor Standing
1 x E150P Powered Subwoofer

DVD player. Denon DVD-1920

Receiver. Denon AVR-2106

VHS player. JVC HR-J692 VHS 4 Head Hi-Fi Stereo VCR

Projector. Panasonic PT-AE900U

Screen. DIY theater White Platinum - Medium Contrast
Polymer Projection Screen with a gain of 1.05.

AV cabinet. Ultra series audio video component cabinet with metal screen door

Bronze Member

IN

Post Number: 13
Also have x-box hooked up to the system.

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1127
Good job Rob! Love the window shutters.

Bronze Member
Username: Tommyv

Rowlett, Texas

Post Number: 65
Nice clean work Rob, you must be proud! i don't see the rear bookshelves are they in the pic?

Bronze Member

IN

Post Number: 14
Thanks, the rears are on the last column in the room, you can't see them in the pics. I added a couple of screen shots, these are untouched and show how clear a 12ft wide pic can be.Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Try Google

Post Number: 7279
those pics are SUPER clear considering they were taken of of a projector screen....excellent quality man!!:-)

Silver Member
Username: Gamerdude

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 227
WIcked picture dude nice

Gold Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth,...

Post Number: 1621
Rod

Mate that is a good size room, but you need more surround loudspeakers, small ones of course that will give good overall performance, the surrounds need to placed along the sidewalls and the rear wall, in a horse shoe configuration, this will really, really warp the surround imaging around you believe me!

Look for a good pair of bookshelves types that have a good size bass mid, say 6 ½" most have an average frequency response down to 50Hz, and when set-up correctly and with equalization applied to it all, the whole surround effect will be truly be stunning!

I would say you have plenty of room at the front for a perforated screen, and via placing the loudspeakers and the sub bass behind the screen, well you get the picture don't you, and the capturing of the images via the digital camera of the front video imaging is WOW! Thou I can see a few contrast levels that are high, the colour saturation is brilliant!

You've got a good head start, take it few more steps forwards and you'll have a home cinema that is worthy of and most of the sub standard cinemas that don't have THX well they can keep it.

High numbers mate!

Bronze Member

IN

Post Number: 17
Thanks for all the positive comments, I really enjoy the room along with family and friends, it is worth the expense and I would encourage anyone with the means and space to build one. I did a lot of the work myself and the cost wasn't that outlandish.

Bronze Member
Username: Polksavage

Post Number: 91
very nice thats screen is amazing

Silver Member
Username: Westcott

League City, Texas

Post Number: 125
Congratulations. You have done a very nice job and have not sacrificed audio performance for a good looking room.

I would work on your speaker placement but other than that, a great looking room and a very cost effective equipment selection with good performance.

Well done!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 295
The window shutters are great, but wy leave them and the doors WHITE painting them a darker color will help with light reflection from the projector back into the room

Bronze Member

IN

Post Number: 19
Again thanks for the feedback, the shutters are the wall color when they are closed but are white on the outside the same as the door for a color contrast when open. The door being white isn't a problem as it's far enough back in the room to not be a distraction when watching a movie.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us