Hatchback

Silver Member
Username: Talon_es93

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 464
how should a enclosure be made for a car like this...should the ports and subs be facing up towards the back window or whats the best way for this car?

Bronze Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 52
http://installer.com/tech/aiming.html

Silver Member

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 465
ya i've tried that stuff...i got different results with different boxes... some sound good faces front windows up and some with them down...then others with it facin back and windows up and other with windows up...but this was mostly talkin about cars with trunks...i want to know what would be good for a hatchback...(93 talon)

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 8484
subs up port to the back seems to get louder than subs and ports up in a hatch back.

however i've heard an acura integra with 2 subs facing up near the front with a large wide port firing up near the back hit 148 db playing music. 148 playing music is loud.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3802
way loud chad

Silver Member

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 471
i did 142.2 playin music :D 12" CVRs on 500 rms

Bronze Member
Username: Luisdelbronx

Bronx, NY USA

Post Number: 82
I agree with Chad,.. i have basically the same car as you (94 eclipse) and my sub gets loudest with the sub facing up and port back and it gets loudest that way, it can be heard from outside from a distance too.

Silver Member

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 472
whats the demension of your box....well i don't wanna steal your box or nothin just like the Height width and depth...u can keep your port demension secret...most the boxes i made for my car are 14.5 high and 31 wide and at least 21 depth....u think thats to big to have a port faceing back??like is there enough room for the air to get...and by back to u mean face the taillights or facing the back seats???

Silver Member
Username: Motomattic3

Post Number: 430
I got a 93 ford probe hatchback and tested several positions when installing it and found that in a sealed and ported box they were both louder facing the back from the seats and gets quite when you open the hatch, but loud as fu<k with it closed.

Bronze Member

Bronx, NY USA

Post Number: 84
My box was built by the guy who owned my sub before me (i got it off ebay) i dont mind giving out the dimensions and port lengths lol.

But by doing some measurements i found out its got 1.7 cubic feet of airspace and tuned to 38 hz. my box measures 17 inches high, 16 inches wide and 14.5 inches deep. its for a single Cerwin vega 124.

Im not sure but im home audio its a good idea to have the port a few inches away from the wall on floor standing speakers, so if the box is RIGHT up against the back of the car i would make the box less deep so it can have a few inches of clearance but ask someone else to make sure. my trunk wont even close if i try to put the box up against the back so i cant tell you if it will still sound good.. but heres a pic of how i have my sub. the port is facing the tail lightsUpload

Silver Member

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 473
looks nice...i think my talon might have more room tho...i can fit a box thats 25 / 14.5/ 31 in my trunk...looks like your can only go about 5 more inches....but have any of you guys ever heard a hatch back like that...i tried it once and it did sound good but i changed it the next day...

Bronze Member

Bronx, NY USA

Post Number: 87
I had built a box for my kicker cvr 10 and put it in, both the sub and port were facing to the left of the car, people said it was louder then the cerwin..but it took up my whole trunk so i switched back. heres a vid of that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcMSseUoTgs ...by the way, you hit 142dbs with kickers in your talon?

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 8533
"i did 142.2 playin music :D 12" CVRs on 500 rms"

sorry but i have a hard time beliving that. it must not have been on a tl mic.

Silver Member

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 474
comp and box looks good man...i swear no b/s...i also did 142 with a different box on the back seat facing back....dual 4ohm subs wired at 4 ohms ran off a thunder 81000d playin "watch your back" by big locote .. if i can go back outta town when the snow clears i'll put that box back in and take a video...and ya on the new tl all sealed up...no kinda electrical upgrades and my amp ran on 4 gauge...(needs 0 gauge)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us