2 amps the same as 1?

Silver Member
Username: Tiggerboi87

Pensacola, FL United States

Post Number: 230
Is running two amp on a sub the same as running one sub of equal wattage? Say you have two amps putting 600w to each VC on a sub that would equal 1200w right. So if you had a single amp with the power rating of 1200 watts going to the same sub would it be the same?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 6406
yes

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3209
there is really no point of hooked an amp to each VC . unless you got something wrong

Bronze Member
Username: Cavsmaxima

Post Number: 33
I was told by someone that two amps is always better then one... Does that person not know what hes talking about? Because i sure rather have one amp then two going to my subs.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3214
it really doesnt matter. 2 amps would obviously cost more because of the extra wiring you need, + the amp price.

its not always better. itz better to just get one big amps. unless you have the money and space to get two amps.

Silver Member
Username: Tiggerboi87

Pensacola, FL United States

Post Number: 231
well i only have two amps because they are they same amps i used with my last setup. I had each amp for each sub which was 2 subs.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4498
It's subjective, sometimes two seperate amps of a smaller power can be cheaper than one big one.

Though, with having two seperate amps on one sub, if one blew, you risk damaging the woofer by only powering one coil (because the thiele small paramters changed-the sub might think it's running free-air and rip apart).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us