Need help!!

Username: Kyle62

Post Number: 1
I have two L7 12's in a sealed box. I noticed yesterday that one of the woofers seems to be moving more than the other. I have placed polyfill in both chambers of the box. Do i need to put more in there? Also the sub has also began to click when the volume is up and the other is fine. These are brand new 06's it can't be blown already...?

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 146
Well, if you are clipping your amp then you could "blow" those things pretty quick.
Got warranty?

Post Number: 2
nah got them from a friend, so turn down tha amp?

Silver Member

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 155
How big is the amp anyway?

Post Number: 3
kicker kx1200.1, the gain is only half way, bass boost about the same and also the ferquency set to half way

Silver Member

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 158
"the gain is only half way"
That really don't mean crap, explanation:

If your HU puts out 8V (for example) then half way up is too much (on most amps) on some it's even too much if the gain is set at the minimum.

If your HU puts out 0.5V (for example) then you would have to have the gain set almost to the maximum.

The whole thing is matching HU output with amp's input:-) It's all relative.

Bass boost drains amp a lot, I always set it at 0db. If you want "boost" just get a bigger amp not try to get more out of it by turning the boost knob:-)

Well anyway, I think that amp should be OK for those subs. You also wanna make sure your electrical syst. is capable of giving all the current that amp needs.

Post Number: 4
well my head unit is a alpine 9853. And i'm running 4 gauge power/ground wire to a 3 farad cap, in a two amp setup. My second amp is a audiofonics 242 ( yeah i know piece of crap, but im broke!)

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 912
So you are running your amp on a STOCK alternator??! There is your problem, you are pulling too much power, plus you have a cap which puts even more strain on your alt. You need to upgrade that bro, or you coul dbe introducing all sorts of problems to your car/system. Seriously, keep the volume WAY down until you get a bigger alt.

I agree with Maris too. There is no reason to use the bass boost, turn it all the way off. If you want to turn up the bass use the Subwoofer output level on your head unit. That's the best way, to get best results.

Post Number: 5
thanks guys

Post Number: 6
hold on but my cap never goes below 12,5 volts do i still need the alt?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us