Anyone here have a Pioneer Avic-D2? Cant find info on net.

Bronze Member
Username: Capulina6

Post Number: 71
Besides Pioneer's website, i cant semm to find any reviews or info on this product, im thinking of buying it for my GTI, but was wondering if anyone has had issues with it or anything.

Username: Wildbill30

Seguin, Tx United States

Post Number: 2
The unit is very nice but keep in mind that it does not have video playback. But you can put an external dvd player and view video on the D2

Username: Qbenjamin

Florida

Post Number: 6
don't waste your money on a avic-d2, you might be saying it now, that you don't need the dvd feature since you are driving, but trust me, you will regret it. Also if you are on a budget, I bought the Avic-N2 refurbished in March of 05 for about $600.

Username: Va_connoisseur

Post Number: 3
QB, Where were you able to find a AVIC-N2 for such a deal?

I am also interested in the D2 and since I don't have wife and/or kids, have no real need for a DVD in the car (what happened to the good ol days of people acutally talking to each other while driving, but I digress...).

But how good are the nav functions? XM nav traffic feature?

Bronze Member

Florida

Post Number: 35
i bought my navi from a user on ebay named audio_savings. If you send him an email, he will make a listing special for you. I paid about $675 for that Avic-D2 but I quickly disliked it since it couldn't play dvd's. The navi worked great though, it's annoying to run the navi if your switch isn't grounded though as you have to be in park.

Bronze Member

Florida

Post Number: 36
Ebay, seller name was audio_savings. I paid about $675 NIB.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us