I know nothing and need help

Username: Ack

Florida

Post Number: 1
Yea im new to world of car audio. i would like to instal a system in my vehicle but know nothing if possible i would like to build like 2 boxes that have a combination of up to 4 speakers made up of 10's or 12's i have read up on box building some and i already can work with wood and have supplies that is somthing i know about. however i do not know what kind of amps or anything i need nor possess the knowledge to figure this out. i just want to know the info if possible of what brand of speakers and such(would like some not cheap but decent speakers) and also how many AMPs or of what size and stuff plz help i have no knoledge of this stuff nor know anyone to teach me/ tel me. thanks for your help.

Bronze Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 88
well all be glad yo help here...everyone will help but if you wnat that just give us some more info like what kind of car and how much money you have to spend...money is the key issue

Bronze Member
Username: Runthunter

Post Number: 12
4 big 10 or 12 inch woofers are a lot and will take a lot of power to push them which could lead to alternator and battery upgrades. Go with two quality 10" or 12" subs with a strong class d amp. Get a good mono amp around 600 rms and some woofers to match. Then get a good class a amp to run some mid range component speakers. Match them up with their rms ratings. Get a real good deck to control the system. Go with sound quality and a balanced system. You will enjoy it a lot more. Get good dependable stuff and hook it up right or have a pro shop hook it up for you. I would say that the two top head units are alpine and eclipse. There are other good brands to consider too. Speakers brands that are good are boston, dynaudio, focal, morel, rainbow, mb quart and more depending on what you like and want to spend. Good amps are more pricey and there are alot of good ones to pick from. Two amps are usually enough or maybe three depending on you speaker selection and vehicle size. If you build your own box, build a sealed box, it would be easier and offer good sound quality. Build it to the size that the woofer manufacter suggests. It will be a cubic foot measurement. Remember quality over quantity and you get what you pay for. Don't buy anything unless you know what you are doing. Take your time and investagate every product you think you might like. If your are unsure, ask for an opinion in here from someone who knows what they are talking about. Read everything glasswolf writes and believe it because he knows what he is talking about or either he is one hell of a good liar--just joking. There are others who can help you a lot more than I can. All I have in a good basic understanding and am learning myself. Be patient and good luck.

Bronze Member

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 91
runt good job with the help lol...some other things to consider is in speaker selection consider the infiniti component systems...they are real good...and also stick with one or two 10's or 12's unless you wanna get into puttin a new alternator in your car...tuff stuff lol...but just stick with one or two subs maybe a 15....also dont foget to dynamat your trunk and doors to giveit the best sound it can have...lonts of thigns to consider...good luck...any questions on brands anything...were here...and definently listen to glasswolf...this is his career...he is very smart..good luck

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 416
tell us what you like as far as music and if you want loud or sq. when you do investigate do not be fooled by large max power numbers. always look at rms, xmax,sensitivity and the little things on the sub. so give a little bit of info and we can help you on your way to car audio.

Bronze Member

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 93
yea large numbers arent as hopefuly...exspecially in amps and things...like sony makes an xplode amp thats says 1200 on the top...they dont have a rated power on them which means tahts just a big number sony decided to slap on there and its acutlal ylike 300 watts rms or somen like that...someone from sony told me this..idk lol...but xmax sensitivity magnet lots of little things tell you how well this sub will perform...and materials its made out of is a big deal as well...we will all be glad to help lol

Bronze Member

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 96
helpful not hopeful....oops

Username: Ack

Florida

Post Number: 2
Currently i have an 84' S-10 blazer i dont keep the back seat up so i have plenty of room to play with. i have about 600$ or so im willing to spend. thanks for help so far guys.

Silver Member
Username: Wojopro

Post Number: 141
Thats gonna be hard to buy that many subs and the supplies for the boxs and amps... Recommend downsizing for now... 3/4 MDF is not that cheap.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us