BernyMac's new whip 99 Civic Hatchback

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodia

Post Number: 3952
So my brother called me last night and told me that there was a 99 civic hatchback for sale for $1000. So we went to look at it today and picked it up for $900. Pretty good deal, but the car looks pretty beat up lol. Can't believe the guy had the car for 4 years and it looks like complete sh!t. On to some pictures, and yes there will be a audio system in it as well 8).

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Post Number: 2182
OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH YEAHHHHH

Bernz can throw some money into the civic tell the gurls

I told her ride the d*ck lika new honda
with the cops behinda

yahhhhhh

coool mayne have fun

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 20854
looks good berny. you can put an awesome system in that car.

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Texas

Post Number: 2911
besides the front wheels, it really doesn't look bad at all, wish I could find a deal like that around here, I've been searching even the other large cities, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, and can't find anything like that for under 1200

Gold Member

Cambodia

Post Number: 3953
yeah its not to bad. If I change out the fenders, new headlights and got some civic si rims I'll be set for the outside. Then just sand it down and primer it. As for the inside, that needs to be worked on a little, its not to bad.

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Post Number: 2184
so when are you and Chad gonna race post vids LOL

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 16670
Berny has a new spl toy.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 5887
Probably need to go ahead and cop some wheels to match on the front, but other than that it looks straight, dude. Congrats.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

COD4 Addict ... Level 2 pre...

Post Number: 2460
nice grab Berny. i like the looks of that year. plus they're sooo light. well you have 3 choices the way i see it...

1. economical daily driver
2. swap it and drop a turbo (or 2) in there
3. extreme spl :-)

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.1DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 13779
shweet ! - now u an do all ur sh1t in that

in my country there is a guy who has 8 10s pioneer in a wall in 1 of those - system really made for music & it hits quite hard .....

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3962
throw a big tail fin on it. Some neon under glows, a big can muffler, 5% tint all the way around, then sell it for like $4000 as a rice racer.

Good deal. How many miles on it?

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 9642
Cool stuff Bern. Looks good man.

Gold Member

Cambodia

Post Number: 3954
Marc, I only eat rice, I don't drive it. Car is going to look pretty stock, lowered with some si wheels. Right now me and my bro is stripping off everything in the front.

Gold Member

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 9648
"Marc, I only eat rice, I don't drive it. Car is going to look pretty stock, lowered with some si wheels. Right now me and my bro is stripping off everything in the front."

Stereo Integrity makes rims now???

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2582
i hope thats sarcasm yanks. if not, he speaks of the rims from a honda civic Si. berny I have one word. SLEEPER!!!!!

Gold Member

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 9659
It is sarcasm Capps. Come on man, give me some credit for not being an idiot lol.

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2583
I Thought it was but I just wanted to make sure

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5125
insane price

Silver Member
Username: Dsmith07

NC Http://com4....

Post Number: 820
Rice it out, the nice way! Nice japanese motor and a decent sized turbo. And like all your work I've seen up here I know it will be quality.

Gold Member

Texas

Post Number: 2938
can I buy it off of you?

Gold Member

Cambodia

Post Number: 3997
I have like 5 people who already want to buy it lol. I don't want to sell it. I'll be able to get it fixed up in July so I can't wait till then.

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SOCAL2 RE 15 XXX

Post Number: 2179
Berny if your bro come accross other sweet deal give me a buzz... I need a small car you got a great deal...

Gold Member

Cambodia

Post Number: 4021
Alright Gus, we'll see what comes up.

Gold Member

Texas

Post Number: 2947
Since you don't want to sell it to me....can you keep an eye out for me as well Berny? please?

Gold Member

Cambodia

Post Number: 4027
I'll see what I can find if anything.

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1658
"Stereo Integrity makes rims now???"

Thats too funny, and yes I do know that was sarcastic lol.

Gold Member

Cambodia

Post Number: 4100
A little update on the civic hatchback.

Tore the whole front end off, as you can see.
Upload
Upload

Si Cluster and MOMO Steering wheel
Upload

Got some si wheels for $180
Upload

Hoping to take the civic in this month for paint. Might be early next month if funds get low.

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SOCAL2 RE 15 XXX

Post Number: 2260
Man Berny that thing is going to look sweet.

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3025
Not bad at all. What system are you putting in it?

Gold Member

Cambodia

Post Number: 4101
I have a few ideas about what to put inside. I have a blown fi Q that I was thinking about sending in. Powered by maybe a sundown 1k. Memphis components all around. Don't know if I want to fiberglass the doors or not. 1 set of memphis components for the rear. Talking to kevin about sending my massive audio p800.4 in for repair to use it to power the highs. As for headunit, I might use the one thats currently inside the yukon right now or get another one. I have more plans for it besides audio. I want a whole new suspension setup, rear subframe and lower control arms, skunk2 shift knob-shortshifter-and honda boot. New momo steering wheel with nrg hub and lock. If I like the car once its done, I might swap the engine out for a b18c1 for b16a2. Lot of options out there.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3325
fun project, keep us updated.

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 932
Looks like an awesome project, should look damn good when finished. I always liked the look of that model civic hatch. What color you going with for paint? I think it looks really good in black. definatley will look good in black with the si rims polished up and dropped down a little bit. i know this is a mainly subwoofer and audio related forum.. but that thing could be one hell of a sleeper with some good motor work. those things are light as hell, doesn't take much power to get the really moving.

Silver Member

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 933
by the way, is that steering wheel universal? if you're looking to get rid of it when you get a new one..

let me know if it's in good shape i might be interested depending on funds at the time.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3327
"I think it looks really good in black. definatley will look good in black with the si rims polished up and dropped down a little bit."

x2

Gold Member

Cambodia

Post Number: 4102
black is a nice color but I want it to have a color thats barely ever seen on this type of car. I was thinking about a dark red kind of like a maroon or burgundy. Steering wheel should be universal gavin as long as you have the release or hub with the 6 bolts. I'll let you know.

Silver Member

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 934
Thanks man, just keep me posted. a deep dark red would look really good too. i'm interested to see where this project goes.. keep us updated.

Username: Circuitclown

Post Number: 1
nice deal you got!

Username: Dj_chadow

Post Number: 1
Black base with a candy raspberry or red. mmmmm. do it.

Gold Member

Cambodia

Post Number: 4105
I don't know how that would look. Any examples?

Silver Member
Username: Alex_smith

Post Number: 151
i dont know if you have seen hondas new blue color. its called something like fiji blue(?) ive seen it in person and i think its an awesome color.

Gold Member

Cambodia

Post Number: 4106
yes I have seen it! very nice color I must say. I stuck between 3 color schemes, blue, red, and green.

Silver Member

Post Number: 152
personally i wouldnt do any green. thats just me though. i think that blue would be sick or something like a real deep dark red would look awesome too. tough decision on your hands man..

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4273
x2 on Fiji Blue Pearl out of the choices you gave... IF you can get/color match the paint.

Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 153
the local honda dealer is right down the street and when i went i saw the four door civic mugen and it only comes in fiji blue. its not the worst looking car but its not worth the 30 grand price tag for a civic.

but i honestly think that paint would suit the hatch very nicely

Upload

Gold Member

Cambodia

Post Number: 4108
I'm considering that color. I'll possibly have you guys vote before I take it in. That color is really sick, I love it.

Gold Member

Cambodia

Post Number: 4119
Me and my brother started sanding down the civic because I hated how the paint looked. I rather have it sanded down than the way it was looking. So heres some pictures.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8491
You should have tried buffing and waxing it. You'd be amazed at how your paint could turn out. If you're planning on going with a blue go with S2000 Laguna blue. Get rid of that D series engine and step it up to a B18C.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us