Anything better than RCA Lyra Ver 0.18.1a

Username: Blazeme

Pretoria, Gauteng South Africa

Post Number: 1
It seems as if no-one has asked this yet, but why has RCA not released an update since 0.18.1a. This update was released on the 14 Dec 2004, it is now December 2005. The reason why I ask is because most of the video files that I put on my RCA LYRA RD2780, shows a unsupported Format error or the audio does not sync with the video. Due to the new video & audio codecs that have been release over the past year surely RCA need to bring out an up-to-date update.

Otherwise has any individual programmer created their own update for the RCA Lyra's which increases the support for more files and codecs.

Unregistered guest
Okay I have a RCA 2780 player and I deleted music files that I don't listen to using "My Computer" now over half the songs come up saying audio file not fould reprofile device and I look at the instructions profiled and it did nothing maybe I did it wrong but please help.

CRAB KING
Unregistered guest
I left a post on this site a couple of months ago saying how amazing the lyra 2780 is. Well ive got the Thomson PDP2860 but its the same as the RCA.
Anyway, now, its stuck in USB safe mode and apparently the only way to fix it is to do some stuff to the hardware or send it off for £30. Even before the safe mode problem, the headphone jack was pissing about. It worked for most headphones, but if you applied any pressure or moved it around it would just lose the sound, then you have to try and move it around so you can hear the sound again. It doesnt even work at all for some speakers.

Anyway, the point is, these machines are cheap, but also crap. Very unreliable, break easily, and the features are good, but kind of arent. Like you can record from dvd player and TV with ease, but then you cant even browse your music whilst listening to a song. And the firmware isnt the best, with the black and the green. So dont buy one, just pay a little more for something that cant record off TV or get the Archos AV400 or whatever, dont get the lyra.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us