Need help w/ labtop!

Username: Audiobomb

Gainesville, Fl

Post Number: 7
Hey all,
I have a Dell Inspiron 5150 labtop which was working fine unitl about a week ago and than started acting funny and now is dead.

It started with the battery having problems charging, even with the Ac cable plugged into the computer the laptop would only charge on occasion and died alot. I started having to wiggle the Ac cabble where it plugged into the cpu just to get a energy flow into the cpu. Several days later nothing worked and the computer will not recharge at all.

I took the cpu to best buy and they tested the Ac cord and said it was fine....Does this mean the plug-in on the back of the lab. is bad? Or could the battery be wrong? The type of battery is not one listed on Dell's recall, but I know this does not mean anything. Does anyone know what the problem could be??

thanks, Joe

Bronze Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Post Number: 91
That problem sounds like a bad power jack on the main system board, that is one of the most common problems for laptops to have. When the power jack breaks the computer will do nothing when you press the power button, no flashing lights, no nothing. It won't even run from the battery. If that sounds like your problem, take your laptop to a good PC service center (not best buy). Also, Inspiron 5000 series laptops are known to have problems with the main system board. If the lights do falsh when you press the power button, that board may need to be replaced. It could also be a loose memory module.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us