Suggestions for computer parts??

Username: 5anthony5

Elk River, MN USA

Post Number: 4
Hey guys im lookin at building my own computer and i was hoping for some suggestions for parts?? I have some friends who have done it with great results. Id use it primarily for movies... music, photo/video editing, and gaming. I have a Dell Dimension 4100 currently and just isnt getting the job done when it comes to multi tasking on it. Just looking for some input or suggestions for parts or good deals! thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Mph

Post Number: 21
I buy a lot of parts from (www.tigerdirect.com). They will have everything you need from the case, video card, motherboard, cpu, memory, coolings fans, etc.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5312
ebay

Power Supply Issues
Unregistered guest
Help! Power Supply Compatibility Issues with Compaq Presario's!

I have a Compaq Presario 5000 and I want to upgrade my power supply as well. It seems that I am having the same problem with my computer (see Mike's situation on previous page) because it seem as if Compaq also has many proprietary computer components. Do any of you know of an adapter that will enable me to hook up my new ATX power supply to my old Compaq Presario 5000 (manufactured in 2001). I have both a 24 pin connector on my motherboard and new power supply.

Please Advise.

E-Mail to jettaway213@msn.com

Hey Abeza!
Unregistered guest
Do any of you have a wiring diagram or something similar to what Abeza (see previous page username: Abeza) posted for a 600 Watt ATX 12v 2.01 power supply made by BFG Tech so that I can rewire it to make the power supply compatible with my motherboard on my Compaq Presario 5000 (manufactured in 2001)?

Please Advise.

E-Mail to jettaway213@msn.com

Username: Fhad

Montreal, Qc Canada

Post Number: 3
www.compuxellence.com

Username: Jfoster38122

Memphis, TN

Post Number: 6
Tiger Direct sux......
www.newegg.com
www.zipzoomfly.com