No Visual

Bronze Member
Username: Yeah_toast

BIG SB South Bend, IN USA

Post Number: 17
I have a Compaq Proliant DL380. its a fairly old computer and insted of comming with the dual P3's it came with dual P2s. now i have a stick of 128 ram and a 20 gig HD (just for OS) and has been wiped clean. it powers up just fine and dandy but with no visual there are a set of lights on the Mobo when first powered on the 2 on the left blink red then the one on the right turns and stays green the hard drive boots up fine (from what is herd). there 2 cards right of the P2s could these have any thing 2 do with it. Or dose any body know were theres a place i can troubleshoot this or find more specs about this. it is the old one (white) not the new one (black) any help is very much apreciated

Silver Member
Username: G3nocd3

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 326
Make sure the ram is compatble. If the ram is wrong, nothing will show. Also check get some air duster, and pull out your ram and video card. Sometimes all it takes is some good ol dust in the slot to make it not work. Let me know if that fixes it. Also y are you running a dual cpu setup. Unless you are running a server or running some heavy heavy cpu cycle apps, theres no point in it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
yeah its a bit much but i got it free and im going to running it for heavy duty games i will check the connections the ram is right, but i do plan on selling to my freind as a server maybe

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3540
from what ive heard from others there is only a 20 percent improvement from the second processor using a windows operating system (but an improvement) Using other operating systems non windows this is a different story I believe (it works much better)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
I was actualy going to run slack ware linux on it but ive had no sucsses maybe its cause of the down grade on p3 to p2 idk. dose any body want a non working proliant
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us