Windows ME question

Username: Sameersingbal

Post Number: 1
I am running windows ME on emachines 733i PC.
The _restore directory in my C drive is now 2.5 GB
How can I reduce it.
The total disc space in my C drive is 4.5 GB
OS is Windows ME

Username: Vegetex

Post Number: 2
why dont you turn system restore off. Or wont that effect the dir? any help here I want to know to. dont have ME cus its utter Shite but allways handy to know :D

Silver Member
Username: G3nocd3

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 162
Actually windows me is just as good as xp with alot of things. Its less ram intensive, and easier to use. Also stable compared to 2000. You can reduce it by going into the restore utility on windows. I leave mine on. It rellie helpa with software conflict and crashes to be able to restore. Dont have it off. Thats a wannabe nerd decision. True geeks get tired of rebooting. So use it.

Anonymous

My computer want let me open my games websites on yahoo anymore. I have restored it and added everything that I had on before but it want work. I have a emachine and dsl. Please help.

Silver Member

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 302
restore wont do sh!t, ive written software that will still own up a comp even after restore is done. You need a reformat. Thats the only possible way to get rid of the corrupt files etc. Registry can still be effected. So do yourself a favor. start from scratch. If you have 2 hard drives, u gotta format both. Hooking a used "unformatted" drive up with a freshly formatted drive wont help. Everything needs to be cleaned to make 100% sure you got rid of all the problems.

Silver Member

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 303
I kno i kinda contradicted my earlier post, but to make everyone know, I said what i said in the last post because it fit the problem. Formatting is not always the best fix, neither is system restore. But for the case of the anonymous post, I truely think a format is needed. If you restored your comp and still having problems, start from scratch.

Ive had people that I kno spend over 8 hours formttting their 400-500 gig drives, and forget to format the 2nd drive. After they reinstalled windows again, the drive that wasnt formatted (that was infected, but they didnt know it was)immediately infected the newely formatted drive the operating system was on, and then they stuck to do it again. SO not only did it take forever to format the first drive, but now they had to reformat both the os drive and their 2nd drive, and that added how much work. So what im sayin, is FRESH START< if your computer that fu%4ed up, then its time u format all drives if u have more than one. (ive lost how many files, cuz of this, but hey, id rather be short some files that i needed, than not be able to use my computer.)

Silver Member

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 304
lol i think i misread anomymous comment. Before u go formatting, make sure that you dont have any spyware/adware, and that your configs are rite. Sometimes u can block ports with windows firewall etc and progs like yahoo not work. and what do you mean by games website. I hate to say it bro, but alot of sites you play games on carry a tremendous amount of malicious software. I play on steam, and gamespy. Now if you into like card games, like poker, i reccommend only well known and reccommended sites, due to the great # of fradulent malicious sites. :D hope this all helped. If your comp still not workin rite, try and do what i said in my earlier 2 posts. But only as a last resort. Kuz formatting is a pain, time consuming, and also you lose all your stuff.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us