Need help with hp pavillion 750c

bobby-joe
Unregistered guest
MY HP Pavilion 750c desktop computer is eating discs I put into it!! They were the third installation discs out of four. Both of them were games and they were:

Star wars knights of the old republic
and
Star wars Knights of the old republic 2: the sith lords

when the third disc comes out after installation, it has a ring of scratches on the shiny side, and the game continues installation. Then when I try to boot up my game it comes up with "windows has encountered a problem with star wars knights of the old republic and needs to shut down the program" or something like that, the same thing happens with both discs! Then when I try re-installing it, it messes up on the third disc every time! I really need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

other than eating those two discs, it is doing everything else fine, I can still play one disc installation games fine, and I don't know if it will eat any other discs, those are the only four disc installation games I have tried on it.

if it helps, here are my specs:

1.8 gigahertz
intel pentium 4 processor

512 mb
DDR SDRAM memory

80 GB
ultra DMA hard drive

32mb graphics card
nVidia TNT2 m64 graphics card with 32mb SDRAM

CD-RW
hp CD writer 16x8x40x max speed

DVD
DVD ROM drive 16x max speed
-------

so those are my specs, I don't know if they have anything to do with my computer eating the discs, But there they are if anyone needs them.

so does anyone have any ideas as to why my computer is eating discs?

Username: Thefriend

Post Number: 3
crap man... ok.. shoot soem compressed air into each of them... soemthign isnt right in the cd-rom drive.

bobby-joe
Unregistered guest
how would I shoot compressed air into them?

Also, it was only those two discs, I was playing Warcraft 3 on it like 5 minutes ago.

Do you think it might just be the way they packaged it or something, since both discs are using the Lucas-arts license, maybe they are packaged at the same place?

Unregistered guest
my hp pavillion 521a had a host of standard games that came with the pc but all of a sudden it is empty of games how do i retrieve them?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us