Noooooooooooo :-( my music is gone!! HELP

Bronze Member
Username: James_the_god

Doncaster, South Yorkshire England

Post Number: 48
I recently had problems with my computer and fixed them. However, music is the most important thing I have on my computer and I was 're-adding' my music files of over 1000 songs and i found that nearly 400 of them dont work. Windows media player finds them unaccesable.
Does anyone know anyway how to fix this problem, or has anyone had the same problem before.
Please help anyone.

Bronze Member
Username: Edwarl

Melbourne, Victoria Australia.

Post Number: 30
Disaster !! What type of files are they? What is their extension?? It's more likely to be the player rather than the files themselves. Do they show in Windows Explorer or My Computer or not ?
Does media player play some and not others ?? If so which ones ?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
I have now actually sorted the problem so thankyou for your concern Laurie. I originally split my hardrive in 2 and called them c and d couple of years ago. However, my computer corrupted files during a system restore a few weeks ago and so my pc when turned on kept automatically restarting over and over. I decided to reinstall xp to the c drive partition and this fixed the problem. However, I still had all the data on the d partition and because c partition holds user details, it didnt recognise that everything on d belonged to me. I therefore had to change a security setting, which transfered all files to my user. I dont know if this means anything to you but at least it worked.
...And yes, when they didnt work, my files did show in explorer and only some played in wmp.

Bronze Member
Username: Edwarl

Melbourne, Victoria Australia.

Post Number: 31
Yes, you explained that very well and I did follow. There's always a reason isn't there - it's just (?) a matter of persisting to find it. I too have a great interest in music matters on the web. It is incredible what we now have access to. Glad that all is now OK. Good luck and enjoy....L. (P.S. It looks as though we just lost out on the big Aust Open Tennis!!! Curses !!!)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
o well tough luck hey
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us