What camer to buy?

Username: Magicmo

Post Number: 4
I'm looking to buy a digital camera and I have no idea what exactly to look for! Any suggestions would be so appreciated! Nothing too expensive, but I would like great quality. What do you think?

Silver Member
Username: Claudermilk

Post Number: 395
Um wow...without some more information that is impossible to answer. What's too expensive? What's your experience? What to you mainly want to use it for?

Bronze Member
Username: Nout

Post Number: 14
In the pricerange $250-$300 you will find many good ones.

Overall, if you read reviews on the internet, in the US and Europe the Fujifilm Finepix F30 is rated as the best compact digital camera.
Superb ISO, a usable 3200 ISO, low light performance, manual controls and very very low noise performance.

Just check the following sites:
www.steves-digicams.com/2006_reviews/fuji_f30.html
www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/F30/F30A.HTM
www.dcresource.com/reviews/fuji/finepix_f30-review/
www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujifilmf30/
www.digitalcamerainfo.com/content/Fujifilm-FinePix-F30-Digital-Camera-Review.htm
www.pcpro.co.uk/shopper/pcpro-reviews/92163/fujifilm-finepix-f30-zoom.html

I had this camera on my shortlist too (and recently did a comparison, that's why I can give you the links of the reviews without much searching), but chose the Sony DSC W100, mainly because I like Sony's color reproduction better...and its looks, but technically the Fujifilm is way better, in a class of its own, images sharper at ISO settings 400, 800, 1600 and 3200.
Mind that sharpness and low noise is mainly an issue if you make large prints.

While you're browsing those sites you can compare different camera's, test pictures and features.
You might want to look for reviews of the Sony DSC W100, Canon SD 600 and SD 550 too.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

4, 20

Post Number: 2398
wow, srry to hijack the thread, but im in the same situation this guy is, im trying to stay under $150, and i want some features but don't need a lot.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us