Good Digital CoAxial Cable Suggestions

Anonymous

Hello All,

I've recently bought a Home Theatre and as usual with any newbie I was confused between Digital CoAxial Vs Fiber Optical... I saw in this forum a discussion concerning these two and it looks Digital CoAxial is overall good... Is that so??? Can anyone suggest some good quality Digital CoAxial which is worth the money spent...

Thanks for your time... Appreciate any reply/suggestions...

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Claudermilk

Post Number: 114
The coax has the advantage of a better mechanical connection than the optical cables typically have. It also is more durable. The optical has the advantage of being ablt to be used in longer runs. In most cases it doesn't make a big difference and most people go with coax for convenience and the better durability.

For good cables at reasonable prices check out Blue Jeans Cables.

Username: Cableguy949

Post Number: 1
I recently bought some fiber optical cable from www.cyberxlink.com, I'm sure they have what your looking for.

Cheers

Ann1
Unregistered guest
Thanks for your responses... I ultimately ended up buying Monster Digital CoAxial Cable and I must say the sound is incredible... One thing that baffles me is on the Cable Box I saw Digital CoAxial -> Better, Optical -> Best... But still went ahead and purchased CoAxial... Is there any noticeable difference between these two types of cables???

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Claudermilk

Post Number: 134
Ouch; well, at least they are well-made cables but you paid premium for that.

There should be no difference in sound between the two, they both send digital signals so the signal either gets through or it doesn't.

madmaximus
Unregistered guest
Cable box is optical and TV is digital coax. How do you connect these two? Is it back to old RCA?

Unregistered guest
Help!!!
I am wiring up a whole house at the moment and need advice on coax. How long can digital coax be run without degrading the quality? and should the coax be lept away from any other wires(eg electrical) ?
Any help would be appreciated.

Username: Irisfailsafe

BogotaColombia

Hmm if you want to connect a dvd to a analogue only input receiver you wont get digital sound; through standard L R RCA you can get Dolby Surround (if the amplifier supports it) which is not bad, but never DD or DTS. Those can only be decoded through a digital output.

About those computer cards you with weird colours you can connect them to your receiver if they have a 6-ch discrete input and about coaxial to optical converters yes they are just google them

Username: Optimusrms

hi, im planning to buy a digital coaxial cable and i saw an accoustic research brand model pr 170 and cost 20 dollars and a monster cable model ultra 600 and cost 60 dollars is there a big difference regarding sound quality between the two types of cable ive talk to best buy and they said theres no difference and then i went to another best buy store and they said theres a big difference the monster cable is much better in sound quality im confused please help thanks in advance.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us