Slot port or aero ports?

Silver Member
Username: Turnmat

Racine, Wi

Post Number: 436
hey guys what do you think i should use...aero ports or slot ports

If i use aero ports i would need to use 8 6" ports. And if i use slot ports i would need to use two ports but they would be at the bottom of the box near the floor of the car. I am going for the most output.

thanks for all the help,
Matt

Silver Member

Racine, Wi

Post Number: 437
bump

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 3878
If you want to spend over $200 on ports, get the 8 6" ports. Depending on the design you might not see any more output using the aeros, so I'd do the slot port for the money

Gold Member
Username: Adam_s

Post Number: 1927
8 6" ports? What are you building a box for? That is a huge amount of port area.

Silver Member

Racine, Wi

Post Number: 438
so is the box... but for now i will leave you guys guessing on what my new setup is going to be

Silver Member

Racine, Wi

Post Number: 439
what do you guys think about having the slot port on the bottom of the box though? wouldnt that effect the performance? that is the only way i can do the slot ports

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12407
will be chaeper to buy mdf & experiment with slots but i do love working with 4' aeros since it takes u only 5mins to remove\replace it back to retune ur box .......

Silver Member
Username: Jtown

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 552
wtf do you need 8 6" ports for?

Silver Member

Racine, Wi

Post Number: 440
thats one reason i like the aeros too. plus i have done a couple slot port boxes and the performance wasnt nearly that of the aeros...but thats cause i am not the best with slot ports.

but like i said if i did the slot port it would have to be at the bottom of the box...and i just picture the output not being the max it could be.

Silver Member

Racine, Wi

Post Number: 442
I have had my one sub setup for awhile so i am going to go a little bit bigger. I was considering doing a single 18" but have since decided that isnt loud enough for me.

And right now i am debating wether or not i should do aero ports or slot ports. I have talked to the owner of the company that makes the subs and that is what he said the subs would need

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12428
^wtf - 1 18" isnt loud enough 4 ya ...r u deaf !? .....

Silver Member

Racine, Wi

Post Number: 443
I am working on it... actually as a little kid my parents forgot to cover my ears at a parade and i lost some of my hearing...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us