AudioQue

Bronze Member
Username: Jeffkock

Post Number: 95
The HD312 come in Voice coil's of Duel 1.5, 2, and 4 Ohms which is the best.

Silver Member
Username: Kenwa

Post Number: 268
There isnt necesarily a best, thats all for wiring flexibility. So it just depends on your amp.

Silver Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 602
^^ it does depend on your amp and how much power it puts out at everyload, my amp for example is 3000 watts RMS at 2 ohms so i got the DVC 4 ohm sub, if your just getting one and ur amp is one ohm stable you need to DVC 2 ohm sub

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
I am getting two so would I go with the DVC 4 ohm's because then I can run them at 1 ohm. How much should I run to each sub daily?

Silver Member
Username: Kenwa

Post Number: 280
Yes you need 2 dual 4 ohm subs. What amp do you have?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 98
None yet but im looking around and if one handles 3000 watts rms then i'm only getting one but I still have to upgrade all the electrical.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 100
None yet i'm looking and if they can run with 3000 rms then I really only need one but then I still have to upgrade elect.

Silver Member
Username: Sb2012

Iowa US

Post Number: 259
many people run something like an orion 2500D or RF T20001 to one HD3

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 604
yeah do 2500 to 3000 a piece i ordered an MA P3000.1 from low-hz.com for mine but shawn gave you a couple good suggestions

Silver Member

Post Number: 101
What electrical upgrades did you do?

Silver Member

Post Number: 102
Are they worth the money or what 12 inch sub is worth around $500. Want SQL

Silver Member

Post Number: 103
Are they worth the money or what 12 inch subs are are great for SQL want only one but want to hit in the high 140's. Please help. Not wanthting to spend over $700 on ebay if possible.

Bronze Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 45
IF running ported, id order 2 ohms below what you need as a final load. Accounting for the average impedence rise via the box, and wire, it should put you near what you need and still be safe.

Most rise is more than 2ohm....plus wire.

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 621
^^^ what i dont think it works that way the load is determined by the way you wire your subs, that said it is only stable to a certain impedence so you just cant go wiring below the minimum impedence

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3480
i dont think he should be worrying about box rise. Box rise is very very important, except if your serious about proly competing and stuff. but all he wants is a certain load on the amp. so 2 4 ohm subs would be great.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us