Loud!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Snowblindace

Harrodsburg, Ky

Post Number: 13
I was wondering if the loud setting on my HU is not a good idea to use? i'm not using it but was thinking about it though i was just wondering if anyone could give me so advice on it.btw my head unit is a audiobahn A1150N.Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Phx, Arizona

Post Number: 1467
loud usually just hits the bass up so you can hear more bass, and like kicks the volume up a bit as well, you can use it, but you'll get more distortion when you to

Silver Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 297
I use mine all the time. It makes everything sound alot better. I never get any distortion.

Gold Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Phx, Arizona

Post Number: 1470
ok, sorry, you have a higher chance of getting distortion when you use it and turn it up louder, if you know what i mean

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2964
Nice name, 'Der Fuhrer!' haha, I didn't know this board supported the omla (sp?).

As far as the loudness effect goes, check this out: http://sl.wus0.com/quclk.go?rd=http://www.bcae1.com/loudness.htm&res=6&crid=4cbf baae6e2ef51d&pos=1&mr=25&qu=loudness

Perry (creator of bcae1.com) claims that the loudness setting has "little or no effect" in the upper end of the volume range; I disagree. Like 'Der Fuhrer!' stated, it in fact does cause distortion at higher volume levels.

Username: Johammbass

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 10
"Loud" only puts more accent on lows and highs AND it takes affect ONLY at low volumes (on the HU) That was designed to sort of enjoy, hear more detail at lower volume,make it "juicier". When you crank it up >50% then the "Loud" does not take affect any more. With a high-end system "Loud" is not needed, but it may help an OK system at lower volumes.

Silver Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 442
Use the loud button man!

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2979
"When you crank it up >50% then the "Loud" does not take affect any more"

According to the graph on bcae1.com that isn't the case. In fact, it causes distortion...

Bronze Member
Username: Moey

Sydney, NSW Australia

Post Number: 14
You get a much cleaner sound WITHOUT the loud button. It puts 2 much pressure on ur subs if u hav it on and turn it up. Many people blow their subs this way...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us