IDmax 4 ohm or 2 ohm

Bronze Member
Username: Dankman

Granger, Indiana United States

Post Number: 88
Hey eeverybody i got a Hifonics Brutus amp thats 1500x1 @ 1 ohm, 1000x1 @ 2 ohms, and 500x1 @ 4 ohms, If i were to get 2 Image Dynamic IDmax 12's what would be best for that amp so both subs would get the best power, Dual 2 ohm voice coils or dual 4 ohm. Thanks

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2141
dusl 4ohm run them parellel @1ohm should be OK I would get one and run it at 2 ohms with 1000 watts but also those amps are overrated so I would even get the dual 2ohm and run it at 1ohm with all 1500 to it. should be fine. I know Jonathan runs his jl 1000/1 to his IDmax and that jl will outpower that Hifonics.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 90
sounds good, i kinda am fond of one sub tho but i was thinking if i got 2 of the dual 4 ohm IDmax's and ran them parralell @ 1 ohm would they each get 750rms, that would be alright, until i got a better amp? Im just guessing

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2144
I would do 1 but thats me. You are gonna work that amp very very hard with 2 and the failure rate on that amp is high enough without all that stress.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
Yea true, haha im such a bass head, i bet if one of those went in a Snail Shell it would beat loud, im kinda leaning toward that now. I got some time to think but thanks for the suggestions.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2147
no problem. To tell you the truth I would save the money that you would spend on a SS enclosure and buy a better amp like a US amps US-2000 and run two of them properly in slot ported enclosures and it will slam your eye balls loose:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us