Lebron's going to Miami!

Gold Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 2075
Just got tired of reading all these soccer threads...

Gold Member
Username: Rtap

FL

Post Number: 2595
i agree but james is coming to my hometown yahoo

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

New York

Post Number: 1685
lol ya waaay to many soccer threads.

I hope Lebron finally makes it to the finals now. I am a big Wade fan also. I wanted him to come to the Knicks - but it would still be hard to see him win a title with Amere (sry last name is hard to spell). However, I think their might be some issues regarding ownership of the ball. The big 3 are power hungry and I hope they can share.

2011 will be a fun year in NBA.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1686
damn RTAP your lucky- you should buy the season tickets before prices go waaaay up. I'm sure they just multiplied within the last hour lol

Silver Member
Username: Tulipe

Post Number: 301
they are already up . the cheapest is above 120 dolars. madison square gardon in new york gain in their stock market 20 million dolars just becuz of rumor that james was going to land in new york.
too much show and sarcastic circus. i did not like the way how james did it and other free agent. james will not make 20 million a season . . imagine stoudamare will get paid more than him . the winner is kobe 5 champion and 25 million a season .

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4526
I was going to make a thread on this as well. My thoughts...

1. The Heat won't win it all in 2011. I don't think Lebron and Wade are selfish at all, but their playing styles are both used to having the ball, A LOT. Also, Bosh is more of a finesse post guy. He'll have trouble dealing with teams like the Magic with Howard, or the Celts with Perkins/Sheed/Baby/Garnett, or the Bulls with Noah/Boozer. The Heat REALLY need to fill out the rest of their roster to win it all.

2. Cleveland fans, and especially Dan Gilbert, are acting like classless morons. This decision sure as hell wasn't about greed, because Bron is taking a pay cut to do this. And it isn't about ego, cause he's risking being out-shined by other superstars on his new team. Dan Gilbert should be taking the blame, not Bron. In one foul swoop, the Heat gave Lebron two studs who are better than ANY players that Gilbert was able to put next to Lebron in 7 years. He gave you 7 years with average teammates, and now you're mad cause he took Miami up on an offer he couldn't resist?

3. It was the wrong move. The Bulls roster made way more sense in my opinion. He could have signed there with a MUCH more complete roster, and he would have been definitively THE guy. Even if the heat do win a title or titles with this trio, people will question Lebrons ability to win titles without Wade/Bosh.

4. I'm pumped about my Bulls. The BEST rebounding team in the league last season just added Carlos Boozer. We are going to be a nightmare to deal with inside. Add another year of development for star-in-the-making Derek Rose who is a humble kid and a complete gym rat? I'm excited.

Discuss.

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 2251
i dont care for lebron at all. i think he is good, not great. great players close games - which he cant do. for this reason,i cant stand when people compare him to the likes jordan, or even kobe

lebron in miami is going to be interesting. i am eager to see how he adjusts to playing where he is not going to be the go to guy every time

dan gilbert was quite classless in his letter. i bet his mother is/would be embarassed. he is saying there is more to come as well. quit crying please. the cavs can go back to low attendance and the bottom of the eastern conference. looking at the franchise's history, they should be used to it

boozer is a great addition to the bulls. the bulls are looking nasty. but to say that bosh would have trouble with noah is ridiculous. bosh is the superior player between the two

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1690
Daniel I understand but Kobe and Jordan had great teammates. Lebron really didn't have anyone great IMO. Mo Williams?? West?? Shaq!?!?
As much as I hate the Lakers, they have a good lineup. Celts have a fantastic lineup. They get the job done.

It may take the Heat some time to get together but I don't think it was too bad of move. Yes, I would much rather see him go to the Bulls but I guess he thought Heat would get him the ring the quickest.

Bulls are getting stronger! I am rooting for this team as well. They need to make a few adjustments and they will blow up for sure.

I don't understand why people are hating Lebron. He is a great athlete. It is not his fault he had a sh!tty team. 7 years of work got him nowhere but got the team on a very high level. Gilbert is acting like a kid. Suck it up.

"I personally guarantee that the Cleveland Cavaliers will win an NBA Championship before the self-titled former 'king' wins one." Yea.....with who????

and now the Knicks.......I still don't see them going to the playoffs. Yea they got Amare....and his injuries. It was a pretty big risk - i don't think it was worth the 100M. I really want to see them rise and also believe in the future they WILL grow and eventually get into the finals.

Forget about the Nets.

Gold Member

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 2252
i agree with you on the calibur of the teams. lebron's team just doesnt match up - but thats not what i was getting at

when it comes to closing a game, the team is nonexistent - you give the ball to your best player and tell everyone to get out of his way

kobe and MJ close the games while lebron couldnt do it to save his life. ive seen lebron miss free throws and jumpers with the game on the line. thats when jordan and kobe shine most

if you cant finish when the game is on the line - you are not great

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4528
Daniel you are so right about Lebron as a closer. As a lifelong Bulls fan, and a worshiper of Michael Jordan, Lebron doesn't yet deserve to even be mentioned with him.

I truly believe Bron is afraid to go to the line with the game at stake. Getting to the basket is his bread and butter. His athleticism, agility, explosiveness.... when it comes to crashing the rim, he is one of the greatest ever. But he isn't a great outside shooter. In his biggest game closing moments, he has usually opted to haul up awkward outside shots. It's his way of avoiding the pressure IMO. People can always look at it and say "well, that WAS a tough shot", but the fact is, he shouldn't have taken that shot in the first place. He should be either dunking on someones face, or getting to the line in the process.

Gold Member

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 2253
i completely agree - lebron has fallen in love with his jumper for some odd reason. he is not a shooter in the slightest

lebron is a beast to the rack, a good passer, and his defense has improved. on the other hand, he is less than average beyond the arch, mid range, free throws, etc

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 23657
are you guys kidding? this miami heat team will be a super team. not all three gonna play 48 minutes straight. while one sits down the other will still be on the floor. that means there's always gonna be a superstar on the floor. its gonna be a very tough team to play.

also you got these role players signing up with heat for vet minimum. i am sure they are getting money under the table. there's no way they will give up half their pay check just for a ring. i don't buy that.

many people are saying kobe is surrounded by good players so he is winning championships. besides gasol, kobe pretty much made everyone around him better. odom, ariza, bynum, and few others. yes guys like mo williams, delonte isleptwithlebron's mom west, and shaq don't look good now cause they lost but during the season they looked like beasts. lets not forget they had the best record in the nba past 2 seasons. i don't care how good lebron is, unless you got players you ain't gonna get the best record for 2 years straight.

as a lakers fan i have to worry. they put 3 of top 5 players in the world in a single team with one goal in mind. knock out kobe and the lakers. i guess it will take 3 superstars to do it. lol. but i still like the lakers chances. if you match up the players, its not like they are way better. infact lakers have the advantage.

steve blake>>>>whoever heats sign
kobe bryant=====dwade (they are about equal but i'd take kobe in pressure situations and playoffs)
ron artest<<<<<lebron (artest will still give him fit)
gasol======bosh (they'll pretty much cancel each other out with their finess plays)
bynum>>>>>>whoever heats sign

odom>>>>>>heat's 6th man

Gold Member

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 2255
i am not doubting the heat. they are going to be nasty for sure. that being said, they are still not a guarantee - not even in the east

orlando, boston, and chicago are all looking like contenders

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4531
I'm interested to see what their roster ends up looking like come the start of the season, I'll make an official prediction then. But as of now, I see them winning a bunch of regular season games, ending up a 1, 2, or 3 seed, but then losing in the playoffs due to lack of depth.

Like Danielle Bonehim said, the Magic, Celtics, and Bulls aren't just going to lay down. I also think the Hawks could turn the corner this season.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1697
Yea Ehren you are right. I would give the heat some time to get their sh!t together.

My picks for next season

1. Magic
2. Celtics
3. Heat
4. Bulls
5. Hawks
6. Cavaliers
7. Bucks
8. Knicks??

Gold Member

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 2256
ya the hawks are legit. joe johnson is looked over season after season. he can play ball

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1698
The Hawks are great in the regular season, but we have seen Joe choke in the playoffs. I don't see them going too far in the playoffs next season. First off, i think he has reached his peak and he signed on solely for the money. Joe needs someone like Wade or Bosh that will help the team go further.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5773
Picture this:

Lebron, Wade, Chalmers and Bosh come down the floor with the ball... with whatever scrub center they can wrangle with what money they have left under the cap (don't forget they only have five players currently under contract). Who will you double team? How will you defend the pick and roll with at least three sharpshooters to take quick outlet passes for the open jumper? If Lebron and Wade (I think Bosh is so happy to be in this situation that he will do whatever he is asked) can tame their ego's enough to score maybe 20-25, instead of 30-35, and then add in another 20 from Bosh ... they will be extremely hard to beat and match up against.

And enough with this "the Yankees of the NBA" nonsense I read online. The cap is there to prevent exactly what the Yankees are doing in baseball -- happening in basketball. If you can convince three top guys to come to your team, take pay cuts, and squeak under the cap... then there is nothing even similar to the Yankees in this scenario. And let's face it, this adds much needed excitement to the game. I am not a big basketball fan at all and this has me excited to see what will happen.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1749
Seems like Shaq has signed with the Celts!

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5785
Miami is completely sold out of season tickets for this year so they fired all thirty workers in sales and promotion

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4711
Here we go!!! Season is under way!!!

I predict 58 wins for the Heat this regular season.

I also predict they start with a loss tonight to the Celtics.

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 23733
30 points in the first half for heat.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5833
This is why:

CLEVELAND -- A radio host in Cleveland has hired a witch doctor in an attempt to send some bad mojo to basketball star LeBron James after he ditched the Cavaliers to play for the Miami Heat.

WMMS-FM broadcast the hex ceremony Tuesday morning, hours before the Heat's season opener in Boston.

The radio station says a witch doctor used bones, blood and a James jersey to cast a curse on the two-time MVP.

The host of "Rover's Morning Glory" says it's payback for the way James called it quits with the Cavs earlier this year.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5834
Maybe the curse only lasted for the first half? Cuz LeBron is taking over the game right now.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4714
There goes 82-0 folks.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5836
LOL, 81-1 is not bad. Wade and Bosh sucked balls. Wade is obviously not comfortable in a support role, and it shows big-time. He was forcing shots and trying to make up for it by being overly aggressive on D, and had some stupid fouls. I am not sure what Bosh's deal is. But I think they will figure it out.

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3572
OVERRATEDDDDD.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4723
I love this kid.

Gold Member

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 2342
john wall is going to be very good.............but i could have done without the dancing BS

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4762
Anyone else watch the Heat/Cavs last night? Man, from an outside perspective, most of the Cavs fans just look like pathetic cry babies to me. I was laughing last night watching that game. Rows of t-shirts with individual letters spelling out "betrayed", people wearing shirts saying "victim"... honestly I was embarrassed for them. I do however feel for them that their own team couldn't come out and match their intensity with a good game.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1930
i understand they felt betrayed, but did they really think that they were going to sweep, even beat, the Heat? I am not a big fan of Lebron anymore, but he had simply shut up the Cavs. And definitely a big smack for Dan. Which IMO he deserved for that little speech of his a while back.

And in no way is Miami doing as good as many thought they would. I especially dislike the fact that people now call Miami "Lebrons Team". Like WTF, Heat is WADE'S Team, if anyones!!

So what team/teams are you guys rooting for this year?

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4765
BULLS.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1943
Bulls are doing good. Looks likely they will go far - especially in the long run.

I'm really happy for the Knicks. It's about time they start to shine!!! Tonight will be a great match against the Celtics. My gut tells me that Celts are going to win but not without putting up a fight.

But how far can the Knicks go? If Amare gets a knee injury, or any injury, will they be able to keep up the wins?

(maybe we should make an official NBA thread?)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us