Sony NW-HD1 help

Username: Osutton

Post Number: 1
Had my NW-HD1 for about 6 months, when it ran out of batteries recently it cut out as it normally does when out of power, but now the screen display doesnt appear, the backlight works, all the controls and sound work but no display.
Anyone had a similar problem or know how to fix it

Cheers

Ollie

Unregistered guest
Hi Ollie,

I have the exact same problem. Talked to Sony Online Support who directed me to their service center. Flat rate repair is $77 for labor.
I'm pretty ... upset.
Have you found out anything ?

Username: Comopuss

My mp3 players broken too. i turn the power on and the walkman enblem comes up, but then its suppose to go to my playing list, but instead it just sits there and shows the walkman emblem. then about 30 seconds later it turns off. any1 have a problem like this, and how to fix it???????????????????????????????????????????//

Post Number: 2
oh ya, its the NW_HD1

Juicekid
Unregistered guest
same problem here, music plays perfectly, but no screen, not display at all, light works when i press any button but bno display at all.....someone help..

Username: Jlp

UK

Had my NW-HD1 for just under 12 months. Really pleased with it except, 2 similar but different problems. Ocasionally the sound goes. It's still playing, you can see the timer still counting, but no sound. Stop the track and restart, and it will play ok. Until the next time which could be a few days later.
The other and more serious problem is that, again occasionally, it freezes up. No sound and the timer will have stopped as well. All the controls are also frozen. The only way out is to switch it off at the battery power switch and restart it.Again it will play ok until the next time.
I took it back to the shop and they had it for a month without any signs of the problem.
Anyone else heard of a similar problem, and hopefully how to rectify it??

Post Number: 3
Sorry i guess i didn't specify. It does play at all. The light comes on and says walkman, just sits there for 30 seconds and it turns off, what the hell is up with that? any1 got that problem? if so, how to fix it would be nice. thanx much

Unregistered guest
Driver needed for ANN11 FM-50 MP3 player for WIn 2000, Have searched all websites not able to get it. Can u plz tell me where to find the drivers for the same.

T_S_C
Unregistered guest
My nephew got a NW-HD1 and is having the same problem as gavin. was hoping you might have found a fix for it?

w.f.
Unregistered guest
i have the same problem. the "walkman" sign comes on then....a lot of nothing happens...its angering me...i may have to get an ipod.

Unregistered guest
my HD-1 has the same fault as gavins, think it must be a problem with the hard disk, it works ok if you take it apart and have all the bits lying out, makes me think theres a problem ith bit shorting out on the casin or something. this aint really a solution, so any ideas?

Unregistered guest
hi i have a NW-HD1 and for some reason no matter what ear phones i use the left ear phone never works i was happy with it until now if anyone nows how to fix it please help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us