True FTA Satelites

Bronze Member
Username: Kenroy

Kingston, Kingston Jamaica

Post Number: 20
Sorry for the new tread, but if dishnet and bev were to go down permanently or for a long period of time, what are the best FTA satelites, where are they located and what good channels are on these sats. Thanks in advance.

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 2505
These are the majority sats
30W, 97W, 101W, 123W few channels here and there
There are few others on few orbital locations
A 30" motorized dish will most likely be the best choice

Bronze Member
Username: Kenroy

Kingston, Kingston Jamaica

Post Number: 21
thanks KING.
I have a pantec converted to pansat 2700, could somebody PLEASE explain what i would need to do to get galaxy 10R. I have a ten feet dish and i have read that i may need a linear LNB. Anything else that i would need to do to get set-up? thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Plymouth

Quebec city, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 523
Wow ten feet maybe try Invacom qph-031 linear and circular in the same.
I have this one with 33" fortec and motor but with
10 feets it's paradise
Sorry for my reply King

Bronze Member
Username: Tdti1

Post Number: 39
Grab a 10'-12' dish a c/ku feed a 4dtv and a dvb receiver and you will probably never think about pizza dish again.

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 2506
Well most important
Make sure yo have a motor
I would buy a C/Ku band LNBF

This is one
BSC621-2 LNBF about $50
http://wsidigital.com/bsc621.htm
Or Sadoun
http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Products/S/BSC621-2-C-KU-LNBF.htm

I'm also going to do an article on c/ku band
Can use from 1 meter or larger dish
Check with me in about a week to 10 days

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
I would not use anything smaller than a 8.5' for C-band, I have played with my 1.1 meter dish not really worth it, especially with H264 dvb s2 feeds and different fec rates that will make a smaller dish useless for c-band, this is to become very popular soon, I can pull strong feeds in on the 1.1 you must keep in mind the 2 deg spacing of the birds.

Also those cheap low quality lnbf's don't work that well when one compares them to a feed with quality lnb's from Cal Amp or Norsat, I gave my lnbf away and would not recommend it, the stability is worthless on those.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
Oh and anyone with 4dtv that may want a c/ku lnbf do not get the bsc621-2 this will not work, you will need the bsc621.

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 2507
Teddy...this is interesting to me
What satellites did yo try with 1.1 meter that didn't work?
Were yo running primestar or offset?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
Most of the birds on the west of the arc did not work well at all, Anik was good and birds on the east of the arc came in ok, I used my 1.1 meter Patriot offset with a c/ku lnbf for these tests.

My old mesh 6' primefocus worked better though my friend came over with his spectrum analyser and the interference was mind boggling, also on the 6' most feeds with 7/8 fec don't come in good or have issues once in a while, I no longer use the 6' probably 90% of the 3/4 fec feeds came in, though I would not recommend this as I stated before, feeds will be more difficult to receive in the near future and a 10'-12' solid would be best for both c/ku feeds.

Now since HITS moved there feeds from Galaxy-16 ku-band - AMC-18 c-band the signal is strong, a 905, 922, 920 or the 410 that Skyvision sells will work here, probably with a 6' but again I would not go that small, and if you are putting up a big dish it would probably not be worth it for just one bird.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us