Anyone get a 360?

Bronze Member
Username: Saaketham

Post Number: 62
Anyone here crazy enough to wait hours in line for the first batch of the 360? I went to the local Walmart last night, around 11:45. I didn't see too many people there for the 360. I was hoping that it wasn't such a hot deal after all, and that maybe I'd be able to snag one too. So, I asked an associate, and he said those are the folks who were given tickets by Walmart - only as many tickets as they had consoles. The rest had left hours back. :=( All folks who got their consoles, had the look of sweet victory on their faces - some had waited 26 hours for it. They truly deserve to get the first batch - IMHO - they sacrificed their time and sanity for it.

One guy was bemoaning the fact that even though he had a HDTV, since he bought the core system, he couldn't play the HD games, because Walmart did not have the HD-AV pack for the 360. True stories of sacrifice by the brave and crazy video gamers of this great country.

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 103
i cant beleive they upped their price 100 bucks, thats ridiculous...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
Upped their price? Who?
If you're talking about the difference in price between the core and the premium package, the premium contains more than $100 extras - wireless controller, 20 GB Hard drive, wireless headset and HD-AV Pack.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1812
i got mind on monday

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2909
showoff - lol

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 104
i thought the core was gonna be 299 and then they upped it to 399... and same with the preminum version

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1872
where?? i got the Premium Edition and it was only 399, (wal mart)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
>>>i thought the core was gonna be 299 and then they upped it to 399... and same with the preminum version

No. The core was $299 and the premium system was $399. They didn't up the price. If you want to see ripoffs, go to ebay and look for 360s. Some are selling (with additional stuff) for upto $950!!!

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1912
i saw a core on ebay for 1400, and the preminum for like 2900

Silver Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 102
I saw one on eBay the other day for, are you ready for this... $10,200. Thats F'n crazy.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2066
i found out today that i cant play all of my os xbox games on my 360, that sux.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3759
yup chauncey thats the news i heard about from a knowledgable walmart employee...she said that the xbox rep told her that SOME of the games from xbox 1 would be compatable on the 360 but not many the way I took it ....which is different from what my cousin told me xbox was claiming in the magazines before the actual release....the xbox rep said basically that in the future more games should be backwards compatable on the 360 but the needed to work on updating things to do so ...and i took that to mean a patch you could download in the future to your 360 hardrive...but what bothers me is this isnt a gaurunteed thing to happen now in the way xbox first claimed it would be....the clause as of now was basically coined like this by the xbox rep "THE CORE GAMES" will be backwards compatable. If you ask me I say xbox sounds like they rushed things to release the machine now as oppossed to working on giving what they actually stated/implied they would do beforehand in the magazines...Not good customer relations if you ask me

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2094
i mean since there are not that many games for 360 right now they could have made all of the os games work

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
Which are the good games from XBox that cannot be played on the 360? Halo 2 works, for sure. And PGR has a version for 360. Which other good ones do you guys miss?

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2209
look it

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm

Bronze Member
Username: Nik3

Sacramento, Ca Usa

Post Number: 65
i spent rolen around sacramento for about 3days could not find one i could not belive it in a big city there is no 360s then after i was on ebay and saw lots of xbox for sall going for like 700 BUT i looked around and got to the 80th page and found one going for only 80$ win i looked back at the end about 4m to go i notice i was only outbidded by 60$ i got my xbox for 190$ win it was all said and done with shipping and it was not a core system too. got it about a week ago

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3235
nice^^^

Silver Member
Username: 420pimp2

Post Number: 114
whoever will wait 26 hours for any type of game system has more time then brains.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4206
I got mine the day b4 it came out, wal-mart had them a week b4 they came out and my best friend is a manager so he just let me pay for mine then
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us