PsTwo Reading Disk....

Tanner
Unregistered guest
hello,
Oh the PsTwo... I am currently on my 2nd PsTwo 7000 series.. The first one had a disk read error, so i sent it back to SCEA and got a new one. I was playin SocomII today, and i was about to start a match, and then it just froze all grey, so i called my friend and he asked, "why'd you leave?" My PS2 completely froze.. So i jus did what anyone would do and pressed reset, after it booted back up it just went to the screen to select the Browser etc.. it will not read ANY Playstation 2, CD, DVD, or Online Startup Disk. I read somewhere were it is probally a system problem..so i will call Sony tomorrow if nothing shapes up.. Oh ya, i already cleaned the lens w/ Rubbing Alcohol and a Q-tip.. :| Thanks for ANY help regarding these Stubborn Systems :-(
Tanner

Tanner
Unregistered guest
P.S. It does NOT even start spinning the disc at all, and when i click Browser and put the disk in/back in it sais "Reading Disk" and the jus Disseapers after a couple Seconds..

Gold Member
Username: British_power

Post Number: 1154
oops i think i suggested it...it worked sometimes

Tanner
Unregistered guest
?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1161
the q-tip and alchohal...step 2 pawn it or take it back lol

Tanner
Unregistered guest
I %#@&*! sent it back to Sony, and they are gunna replace it, considering it is still under a 90 day warranty and this will be my 3RD FREAKIN CONSOLE in less that 6 months...AHHHHHHHH im gunna go mad w/out Socom for a week or 2 lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 1162
lol

what the heck
Unregistered guest
I have the same problem

RPGgirly
Unregistered guest
I sorta have the same issue, except mine reads all PS2 games fine but if I put in PS1 games I get "Disk Read Error" (the worste words in the human language if you ask me...) So now Im sooo mad cause Im trying really hard to finish my FFIX and it just aint happening. GRRRRR

Unregistered guest
i have a promblem, all my ps2 games work when i insert it in but when i put my ps1 game in my ps2 it says "u need a ps1/ps2 format disk.

does any 1 no wer to get a format disk plz email me .

Unregistered guest
hi
plz could any body tell me how to get a copied game to wolk on my slim ps2 when i try to use a copyied games it says plz insert a ps1 or ps2 format disk dose any 1 now were i can gae t from

Unregistered guest
yeah i have the same problem but does cleaning the lenz fix that cuz it doesnt even start spinning it just says "reading disk" than dissapears what do i do? plz email me

Unregistered guest
i need help my playstation 2 is sayin insert a ps1 or ps2 format disk is there anyware i can get a ps2 format disk e mail me

Unregistered guest
Omg a playstatoin or playstation format disk means that you just need to put in the orignal game. (you know the black bottom disks are ps1 format and the silver bottom disks are ps2)

Anonymous

I am having the same problem, I seem to get the same formatting message as every one else. Help!!! I need Help.
Does any one have a PS2 formatting disk, if so let me know please.

anonymous2
Unregistered guest
i got a kinda similair poroblem, whenever i put my burnout 3 disk in it says to insert a ps2 or ps format disk, and i just bought the game 2 dayss ago...halp me please!!!

Unregistered guest
After i got back from school a few days ago, i turned on my ps2 but it just took an unusualy long time to read the disc and then when it was finished, it said "Disc Read Error" and it says that whenever i put in a game.

can someone tell me how to get a replacement, or where to find information about a replacement.

P.S or does anyone know what to do to fix it?

Unregistered guest
when i put in a old playstation one game or the newist playstation two games it always comes up disk read error and im fed up of it and i dont know how to fix it

Username: 888888

Post Number: 2
mine has the same problem but mine is just over 3 years old.And I dont have money for a new one.So is ther any possible things to do to fix it at home for cheap please help.

Unregistered guest
I have the same problem.... this past week my ps2 has been freezing up every hour then this morning whenever i put in disks it says plz insert format disk. EMAIL me if you no the answer :-)

Username: Reggie_31

Post Number: 1
ok what about this one guys. i bought a redesigned PS2 when they first came out. it reads every game without issue, be it PS1 or PS1, but it wont read some of my DVDs (flawless condition), at all. not only that, but, when i put in a disc it wont read, such as scary movie 3, if the system is off, when i turn it on, it wont come on. when i open the cover, it pops on. its like its possessed. anyone getting that problem too?

Username: Reggie_31

to help you guys with older PS2s out, i have a trick. after buying the PS2 before it came out, and getting in on a two year warranty from EB, i went through 6 ps2s before i found this trick. stand it vertically, put the disk in, and then wait 3 seconds, grab the ps2 by the top, and give it a little circular shake. if you do this right, you will feel a buzz from the ps2, wait a few seconds, and the disk will pop up. i call the move "the swirl" and after i thought my 6th ps2 was dead, this worked without fail after i perfected the tecnique, for both DVDS and games.

eadthem
Unregistered guest
hey guys its not asking for the format disk

its asking for a proprly formated disk

as in the disk you put in it cant read the format on it.
prob means it can read the disk but not well enuf to play it or its the wrong contry code.
where as a disk read error means the lenses electro magnets cant make the laser track the tracks proprly and it reads nothing

i would make shure the disk is clean and use a cd drive cleaner the ones with 2 little brushes on the bottom i have found to work well

the insert format disk error mesage was prob programed by someone in japan and the ed left off in teh translation it was prob done by one of the asm programers who like me speek asm better than english.

eadthem
Unregistered guest
bradley your prob with not reading some of the dvds may be the encription thay are starting to put some real wild encriptions on the disks now its posable some of the disks you have may have some copywright protection on them that make the ps2 unable to or have a verry hard time reading them

i do know that thay are even putting code on some that will lock up a pc when you atempt to read it in anyway other than like a vidio dvd with playing software it dotn make much sense but its posable

find out if anyone els can play scary movie 3 on ther ps2 and if thay have the same bios vrs or year as yours if its a older ps2 its posable the new copywright protect is rasing hell

freakyluke
Unregistered guest
wtf woot the swerl thingy worked thx a load man it sounds pritty stupid but i works

freakyluke
Unregistered guest
wtf woot the swerl thingy worked thx a load man it sounds pritty stupid but i works

freakyluke
Unregistered guest
wtf woot the swerl thingy worked thx a load man it sounds pritty stupid but it works

Username: Stoky_boy_7s

my ps2 does not spin any disks i was playing my ps2 and then i was in a hurry and pressed the reset button to turn it off after a few hours i realised that it was still on so i decided to play it but the screen was gray so i left it out to cool but when it cool down it still didn't work and i don't want to get a new one because it has a chip that can read all the copy disks please e-mail me and tell me what to do

Username: Stoky_boy_7s

please help me my dad is very angry and he says he is not going to buy a new one

Unregistered guest
where can i get a PS2 Format disc (free if possible) ???

johndoe333
Unregistered guest
There is no PS2 Format disk.....it means put in a real retail copy of a game...not a burned copy. If you still have a problem after that...I guess you're screwed!

theflob
Unregistered guest
Damn. I guess this means I've got to start paying for what I'm using.

Username: Raymondzhao3000

WAT!? YOU CAN'T PLAY A BURNED COPY OF A PS2 GAME!!!??? by the way, wat kind of DVD format does the PS2 use?

Username: Me1240

I found that the PS2 has a problem where it says you need to insert a PS2 format disk (this dosnt mean you need to fotmat the PS2 - it means you need to put a real PS2/PS1/DVD/CD disk in not a copied one) This is bacause the laser that reads the CD/DVD has got missalined. There are websites that tell you how to realign it, if you are prepared to take your PS2 apart. If it is still under warrenty i suggest you take it back and get another one(saves taking it apart.)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us