Marantz Sr 7500

Username: Avgjoeshmthrstake3

Sun Prairie, WI. United States

Post Number: 2
I recently purchaesd a Marantz SR 7500 receiver for a great price. I paid around 480.00 including the shp/handling. My question is: how in the world can I get the Marantz Acoustic Room Calibration to work. I keep getting the message "ambient noice error" How fricken quiet do I need to be? Aside from breathing I wasnt making any noice what-so-ever. I did pride myself on being somewhat of a authority on this stuff, but I'm finding I'm just a layman. Help!!!

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia Detroit area, Michigan USA

Post Number: 178
If you truly do have a quiet atmosphere as I am sure should be possible in Sun Prairie Wisconsin (my Mom is from Madison/Grandfather taught at WU) first (as always) check the connections. Rerun the test and get the expected ambient noise error. Next disconnect the microphone and see if the receiver gives you a different error. This may give you a clue as to what is going wrong. If it simply tells you that there is no input then try plugging the microphone back in and covering/muffling the microphone to see what error might come up. The good news here is that the most likely problem is with the cheap microphone that is supplied with the receiver.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us