Check It Out! A real system cuz some of you don't know what that is!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Ascleanasitgets

KingstonCanada

Post Number: 30
Like what you see?
Upload

a little closer
Upload

Screen Close-ups
Upload

Gotta love the HK winamp skin
Upload

Velodyne DPS-10
Upload

PC and 3 external HDs after the 2 internal(600 gigs)
Upload

Monster Power Center, HK AVR 135, Pioneer DVD Player
Upload

Can't go cheap on the wire
Upload

back of the room
Upload

Username: Eagle

Post Number: 1
nice bong on the table buddy have you watched hd on weed wooooo

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 161
I hate corner set ups. Get those surround up a little higher about 6 feet. Talk about the PC a little is it used for TIVO?

Gold Member
Username: Touche6784

USA

Post Number: 1013
well not only do the surrounds need to be higher but the fronts need to be more spread out. the sound stage probably sucks @ss with them two feet away from each other. at that distance there is no need for a center. also, you spent way too much money on products from Monster Cable. they have some of the most overrated and overpriced products out there. just as bad as bose.

Bronze Member

KingstonCanada

Post Number: 32
ya except that i work at future shop and get staff purchase on everything and i know when products go clearance and have cost ajjustment so really i got the most for my money i paid 189 before tax for the power center 60 bucks for monster ultra speaker wire so dont tell me i paid too much i am just getting better performance for the little bit i spent

The PC is an AMD 2800 1 gig of ram almost 600 gigs of HD space its and ASUS A7N8X deluxe board i have a creative audigy 2 card and a ATI radeon 9600 Pro video card I don't play games or that would have been upgraded already it just does what I want it to do for now I don't really watch much TV I have the hard drives currently filled up w/ movies, music n tv though

I used to have the room set up witdh wise instead of length wise and the sound stage was perfect cuz i could just line everything up but I live in an apartment right now so I can only enjoy it at limited volumes anyways I gotta buy a house so I can build a room specifically for it unfortunatly I'm only 20 years old so I'm not ballin that hard yet

No need for a center do you watch anything in dolby digital or dts there champ clearly you need a center in any setup if you want true 5.1

I cant even take you saying that plus my creative sound card has some of the best software i know of for setting the system up properly for the room its all based your your listening skills and you make adjustments based on what you hear and it calibrates the system for centering sound in the hot spot of the room wheres your set up chris I'd love to see it

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1015
all you have to do is check my profile genius. any worthwhile reciever can take the DD or DTS information and turn it into 4.1, 5.1, 6.1 or 7.1 depending on speaker setup and reciever capabilities. if the fronts are as close as yours are the center will be unecessary. you can set up the phantom center and get equal if not better results. what format do you have your movies? are you really getting a 5.1 signal or is your reciever/sound card fudging the surround sound. just because you use a HT reciever and the DD light is on doesnt mean that you have full surround sound. even when wathcing DVDs, not all are formated for full surround sound. some are formated for stereo only, some are formated for the original DD with the single rear channel and some are for above 5.1 and DTS. my since you are probably too lazy to look at my profile i will tell you my setup:

HK 3480
Marantz CC 4300
B&W 601 on speaker stands
Velodyne VRP 1000 (yea i know it sucks so save it)

the setup is strictly stereo listening and i use the xitel USB unit to hookup my comp to the stereo.

i have another setup with:
B&W Matrix 1
ADCOM GFA 545
Marantz SR 5400
B&W 600
B&W LCR 600
Rotel RCD 855
Samsung 60" DLP
Samsung DVD player with HDMi up conversion

setup is way better than yours so dont try to do the "who has a bigger dick" thing with me. i actually wasnt criticizing the wires, it was the power surge unit you have. you can go out and get a nice non-Monster product that does much better for cheaper or get a product that actually does its moneys worth.

Bronze Member

KingstonCanada

Post Number: 34
I use 6 channel analog from my sound card it creates a great sounding 5 channel stereo it does all the processing dont talk to me like I don't know what I'm talking about I mostly use it for music anyways I listen to alot of old school rock and rap the only time i even use dolby digital is when I watch dvd discs or through a 360 or something on there If you look at the picture of the amp it says 6 ch direct right on there I don't know why you being so negitive I'm also not really about artificial creation of channels I either use doby digital, dts or I will down grade to analog and run 5 channel stereo sometimes just stereo To be honest with ya some of the stuff i bought for style I wanted it to be all black just a little silver trim I bought JBL because I liked the way they sounded the best for the amount of money coming out of my pocket I figured the HK AVR 135 was a good temporary solution Til i had the money for a bigger amp but I will stick with HK If ya look at the top picture u'll see a JBL piece on the wall I picked that up for nothing when we redid the speaker room at work but I'm happy with the way it sounds for chillin out listening to music and watchin movies its good enough for me for now

How old are you cuz I'm 20 years old and this is the first system I've built for myself but it does the trick for me and most people are pretty impressed when they see and hear it but you are probably one of those guys that sits in your room alone and doesn't really have many friends at least thats the way you come across talking to me

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1016
haha, why would it matter how old i am? why would it matter to me what you think of me or what you assume me to be? being 20 is not a crime and neither is a budget system. but dont try to play up a system that really isnt all that great ie the thread title. most likely the best things your friends have heard are bose systems which at best suck @ss. and if you think trying to insult me by saying im a loner is actually going to hurt i think you are pretty pathetic. if your life revolves around trying to impress your friends regardless of what you have you have some issues outside of what we are talking about here. regardless of how many friends i have it is ultimately about whether or not i am happy with it. yes my comments are harsh and unwarranted, just dont try to put a challange to someone you dont know.

Bronze Member
Username: Basicaudio

Chula vista, Ca US

Post Number: 86
JOE don't listen to that moron christopher lee, i have read many of his threads. he is a member here going around ATTACKING AND INSULTING just about anybody he doesn't know and acting like an immature child. He claims to have all of these high end equipment from B&W etc. but he never shows a picture of a real set up! I don't have any pictures of my ohm and carver set up cause most of my gear is in storage.
This guy lee and that kubiak are bunch of children. By the way lee, monster cable as been around longer than you have been living since 1979. You don't sound like a mature person with all of your insults and personals attacks in just about every thread. Did your mom forgot to feed you? What person and manufacturer are you going to attack next? MCINTOSH/KRELL?
If there is anyone that is an idiot and the biggest idiot, it is you SARAH LEE!

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1017
hahaha, im being immature? why dont you reread your last couple sentences and think about it for a minute. i think joe here can fight his own battles, he doesnt need a 40 year-old to act like his dad. considering how new you are to this forum its alittle rash to make a judgement of me based on like the last 5 comments i have made since your membership here. get a life man. go enjoy some music or something.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1019
in addition,
do you know anyone here jim? where are the pictures of your setup jim? wheres the proof for your setup? convenient it is in storage isnt it? does existing for a long period of time equal high quality of product? Bose has been around for a long time they aren't all that great. Ford has been around for a while, i dont see people ranting and raving about their cars. please would you point out where i am attacking when it is uncessary. i wouldnt "attack" the companies that you mentioned because they do make good products. if you want to start with me go ahead, im game.

Bronze Member

KingstonCanada

Post Number: 35
and thats what leads me to beleive you have no friends is look at the way you talk to people I'm a sales guy my job is to convence people to buy stuff not tell them if you dont do this and this your system is going to suck or i wuldn't have the money to buy this kind of stuff did your wife stop givin it to ya cuz I hope ya weren't raised to talk to ppl like that

what diffence does you age make a huge one when I'm 50 years old I plan on having a rediculas house and a lot of nice stuff not too many 20 year olds i know are done high school, done college and worked enough during that time to own stuff like this so ya i would say that age is something you should consider when you look at a system also what you use it for. in my spare time i hangout with my friends thats just what i do I smoke bongs every day and drink at least once a week then go out so if your a 50 year old man and all you spend your money on is this stuff then i would expect that you would have something a little better then me as well as hopefully a house which leaves you with alot more options for what you can build then someone who lives in an apartment

the challange i'd be throughing out is to those 15 year old kids those parents bought there system and its all mix and match garage sale style and those of you who don't post pictures so people can accually see what it looks like in your home i read this forum pretty frequently just to see some nice setups but there are maybe 4 or 5 on this 1st page right now and there are a lot of ppl on here with junk dont worry chrs i saw your thread about only post real setups thats one of the reasons i posted cuz if you don't think this is real your clearly way to high end for the people that I normally see on this forum straight up.

PS i sell 4000 bose systems you don't have to tell me there over priced I know what comes in the box but there are some people that that is the right system for them based on the ease of use and some of the cool features that they have. Bose have been around for a long time but look at what has changed since the day that they've released each product it stays the same for a long time look at 901s 301s they hav only changed cosmetically since they were released bose is all about having there own technogolgy that no one else has so they don't share there information with other companies they also don't buy other companies technologies thats why they don't have to consistantly be releasing new products maybe you don't like that I'm sure there are people that do or they wouldn't be doing as well as they are but you don't have to rip on bose everytime you need an example. And if you don't think ppl aren't ranting and raving about there cars your clearly a secluted individual.

and as for pointing out attacking when unnessisary to go back to your first post in this thread

"well not only do the surrounds need to be higher but the fronts need to be more spread out. the sound stage probably sucks @ss with them two feet away from each other. at that distance there is no need for a center. also, you spent way too much money on products from Monster Cable. they have some of the most overrated and overpriced products out there. just as bad as bose." - chris lee

and if you all have enough money for the systems you talk about why don't any of you have digital cameras???

Bronze Member

KingstonCanada

Post Number: 36
and just so you know the people i hangout with aren't hardcare audio/video philes they don't even enjoy the system the way i do because they don't know how to use it i think one of the best parts is the pc integration I don't know anyone that has there PC - TV/audio setup the way I do

and put up a challenge my thread says "Check it out! a real system cuz some of you don't know what that is have you read the threads on this page there champ cuz there aren't too many real setups

Bronze Member

Chula vista, Ca US

Post Number: 88
The truth is, everyone who has an audio system, low fi to hi end are going to vary, cause taste are going to vary. Manufacturers selected are going to vary. your set up is a nice one for most consumers joe. It is people like lee who thinks everything and everybody should emulate what he has.
i never read any of his thread where he has constructive criticism or any positive information.
so i guess his next post is going to try to tell people what they should eat, what to wear, and what to do with their lives. Sounds like an audio/video fascist to me! go buzz off lee and go to exoticaudio.org and compare your system to those high enders that can afford much more alluring systems and far more expensive systems than yours. The intention of forums like this is for people to share their experiences of their audio/video setup. Idiots like you are lucky to get pictures from threadsters like joe and others who are nice enough to share a picture of their system which they happen to like.
The only thing that would probably shut you up is when you finally get FED! Sounds like you have malnutrition from knowledge and maturity little LEE!

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 1257
"Check It Out! A real system cuz some of you don't know what that is!!!"

You obviously don't know what that is. Your speakers are all placed wrong, and your components aren't anything worth bragging about. The only decent component in the mix is the H/K receiver.

JBL = Junk But Loud.

Monster is over priced, over-hyped, under-achieving garbage. Even at your closeout and employee price, you could have gotten far better for less than what you paid.

That Velodyne sub is garbage. The first time I heard one, I thought it was broken. I've heard them in a bunch of different stores and places; I guess they're all broken.

I wouldn't have posted any of this if you didn't come in here and think you were better than everyone else. Everyone likes what they like, and that's fine. Just don't think you've got some MTV Cribs type set up and we should envy you. Your set up is a small step up from a home theater in a box as far as I'm concerned.

Gold Member

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 1258
Forgot to mention - You shouldn't stack your conmponents like that. Esp the DVD player on top of the receiver. The receiver needs room to get rid of heat. The DVD player will trap it in and eventually ruin it.

Anyone with a "real" set up would know that.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1020
so i guess now we need to ask stu for pictures and proof as to his superiority. im not going to bother continuing my arguement, you two obviously dont have the capacity to understand.

Gold Member

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 1259
Who lacks the capacity to understand?

Joe said "A real system cuz some of you don't know what that is!!!"
Joe posted pics of speakers placed wrong.
Joe posted pics of components stacked on top of each other.
Joe bragged about JBLs.
Joe bragged about Monster cables and power conditioner.
Joe got an employee discount.

See a trend here?

Then again, because you obviously lack the 'capacity to understand,' I'll put it another way...

I was talking to Joe.

Anyone with any 'capacity to understand' would have clearly understood that with out me having to lay it out for them.

Gold Member

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 1260
BTW Chris -

Weren't you in the Home Audio section a while back asking about refrubs and how to get equipment for dirt cheap? How's the refurbished Marantz changer form accessories4less working out? How's the refurbed H/K stereo receiver from the ebay store working out? And somehow you're better than everyone else too? Why didn't you mention that in your "My dick is bigger than your's" ranting. Not that their's anything wrong with a good deal by any means. I've gotten a couple good deals myself.

As for the HT system, just because it's in your parent's basement and you live in it, doesn't mean it's yours. When you're 35 and finally move out, it'll still be in their basement.

I never claimed to have anything better than anyone else, or be better than anyone else. I simply call it as I see it. You and Joe are the ones who think what you've got is better than anyone else's gear. I'm just calling you out.

Bronze Member

KingstonCanada

Post Number: 37
Incase you didn't bother reading my previous posts

joe also said hes been reading this forum and has seen maybe pictures of 3 or 4 real systems on this bragging area there are some that are good there are also some 15 year old kids on here posting pictures for there garage sale

Joe knows that his system isn't currently setup for SQ however joe lives in an apartment and this makes his living room alot larger for him and his friends to hangout in and accually enjoy the stuff joe has joe also doesn't have to sit 7 feet away from his tv this way

joe is in the middle of custom building a stand where the components will have there own cabnet hole and also fan cooling if you know how long an HK amp is and how long a DVD player is you will realize that there is a decent amount air to get out of the HK though the top vents at the back the side vents and the rear vents it stays at a stable temperature but dont worry its just temporary

Joe never bragged about JBLs I'm happy the way that they sound for the amount of money i spent on them but realize that the amp and the speakers are my next major upgrades

Joe paid 189 dollars for a peice that retails for 700 and looks and performs above what is required for what joe has joe got a deal on the best cables he can get a deal on not what you guys think are better then monster and maybe a little cheaper but joes one of those guys thats will to spend the money to have a system that matches properly and performs to his expectations

and your damn right I'm going to get an employee discount are you trying to say if you got deals on stuff consistantly you wouldn't take advantage of it I don't just use it for HT items either

And again Joe is 20 years old and is done high school, college and has a full time job and has already built this up i'll be laughing at you losers when I'm as old as you are signing paychecks for people like you I know stu's 29 and chris is afraid to tell us how old he is and still lives with him mom

You people should find something better to do then rip on manufacturers of products cuz you sound like uneducated old men that are afraid the VHS player you spent 1000 dollars on is never going to be used again I'm not a millionaire and neither are you guys the difference between us is that your 10 years older then me and i'm prolly further ahead in life then you could've even thought of at 20 years old when you weren't even old enough to drink legally where you live

why don't i see you guys writing stuff on those pages where there are 27" tube TVs and a couple speakers and an amp and like I said before the best part of my system is the PC integration you guys have stereo systems and CD/record players why don't you get with the times you probably spend 5 times as much as me on entertainment what you get for what you can spend is the biggest decider on quality

PS chris dude you got a dell thats weak you wanna talk about weak and over priced products Dell computers are worse then bose and monster combined have fun calling a 1800 number when your computer stops working

Bronze Member

KingstonCanada

Post Number: 38
Stu Pitt I hope your parents didn't name you that as part of a horrible joke imagine having that name going through school

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1021
joe, if you read further down you will also see that i have a custom built computer. learn to read. i guess they dont teach that too well up north. would you be happy if i said i was 5? what about 30? what about 60? does it really matter? you are still a dumb @ss. being a HS grad and a college grad really is not a big deal anymore. it is easy enough to graduate and get a degree from somewhere. community colleges give them away. if you havent noticed yet, most of the audio enthusiast are else where in the home audio section. people come here to to find amusement in people like you. most of the people with nice setups dont bother trying to brag about their setups because they know there really is no point. it is for pretentious people like you that are looking for attention. well you sure did get it.

stu, my comment was directed to joe and jim. sorry you didnt catch on to that. my cd player is not from accesories4less it is from a local dealer. I bought the HK from jr.com and got the speakers from audiogon. the other setup is in the basement of my house. some equipment was my father's which i got from him after he got a new system. it all works fine so no use wasting it.

Bronze Member

Chula vista, Ca US

Post Number: 90
that's about the smartest thing you did so far mr. lee, is buy a speaker from audiogon. Good job.
HK is good but it's overpriced too like your accusation of monster. Sure monster is overpriced these days cause they GREW like all major companies.
What do you expect it's a free enterprise and that's how capitalism work.
Many of the good new companies that are just developing, when they reach the level of success as the NAME BRANDS, they TOO will overprice. Look at NIKE AND REEBOK...You have much to learn!

NOT everthing that is sold is for everybody whatever it is...what you like is trash for others, while what you consider as trash is good for others. It works both ways. You should follow the examples your dad and your mom teaches you, you will develop WISDOM by doing so and those WHO ARE ELDER TO YOU.
In past societies children like you would be disciplined for your DISRESPECT.
That JOE person happens to like his system, nothing wrong with that. It's like bose lovers, I and you may not like bose and think it's trash, but you can't condemn people for liking something that you don't like?
How would you feel if people trashed you personally and what you have regarding your system.
To me, my system is superior to yours, to you, YOURS is superior to anything out there since you criticize and trash everyone.
Grow up a bit and show respect for new and old members, maybe you might learn something that everyone IS DIFFERENT AND HAVE DIFFERENT TASTES!

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 167
I think the only problem with joe is not his system ots's the title name of this thread "A real system cuz some of you don't know what that is!!!" His set up is not a real good system or set up.

Gold Member

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 1262
Joe -

Ever hear of punctuation? In all those years you "is done highschool college" didn't you learn grammar?

"is 20 years old and is done high school, college and has a full time job and has already built this up i'll be laughing at you losers when I'm as old as you are signing paychecks for people like you I know stu's 29 and chris is afraid to tell us how old he is and still lives with him mom"

Ignorance is bliss...

Chris -
My bad. You mentioning my name in the begining of your post made me think you were directing it towards me. Also, regarding the rufurbed gear, I thought you were someone else. Again, not that their's anything wrong with a discount. I've gotten a couple (not refurbed, but discontinued) deals too.

Gold Member

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 1263
Casey -

That was my whole point.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1022
dont worry man, i assumed thats what it was so i didnt take your comments personally.

Silver Member
Username: Rsxman

Post Number: 183
the system isnt spaced properly, the speakers are too close together and the components shouldnt be stacked like that, other than that, its a Best Buy and Circuit city system you got there.

Enjoy it

Silver Member
Username: Rsxman

Post Number: 184
btw the monster power conditioners are quite good,especially compared to panamax and some other brands, if you get them at cost they are worth it, otherwise they are overpriced.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1023
jim, you have to stop living in the past. i give respect to those that deserve it. i have had arguements with other members and have come to respect them afterwards. you and joe have yet to show why i should even bother to show any respect. do you notice a trend here joe? others may or may not have read through the whole thread but they all get the same impression about you and your equipment. we all cant be a bunch of morons.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1024
also jim, i got the HK at a much reduced price. i believe when i bought the 3480 its retail price according to HK was around $500 and most places were selling for about $400. i got it at about $300 and it is now priced at $260 at JR.com. this is without any employee discount so i think i got a fair price. you need to stop talking and making stupid mistakes.

Bronze Member

Chula vista, Ca US

Post Number: 93
mr. lee
People who lack wisdom only goes by present situations only? You learn from past and present so you can develop for the future. You have to have a past to establish a present, and you cannot develop anything in the future, without a beginning which is the past. Your statement is totally ridiculous and that of an inexperienced mentallity regarding living in the past. You obviously show no respect towards those who have been living much longer than you and have experienced more things than you! That is what you call arrogance. Arrogance leads to destruction!
No one is forcing you to show respect, it is obvious you are DISRESPECTFUL towards those whom you can confront physically and hide behind the internet.
Some of your decision making regarding your purchases, however in my opinion is good decision making and wise regarding smart buys on your purchases.
That was my point, everyone has their good side.
Maybe you can learn to respect others who have different taste of things that are not the same as yours. You will always have those who like what you like and those who will never what you like.
That is life. Deliberately insulting people because of their choice of purchasing UNLESS they ask for your advice, is automatically in most cases will get an OPPOSITE REACTION.
No more argueing with you, it's a waste of my time. I do not care whether you have respect for joe and other older members new or old, but don't expect everyone to just TAKE insults from you when you dish it out! Some of us will retaliate.
My point in this whole forum, is that this was intentended like all electronic forum for people to have a general audio discussion and not for a hostile arguements. That is reserved for those forums that have nothing to do with audio/video electronics. Maybe the bose bashing forums or
a political forum.

I will end here, you have your positive points as well as your negative insulting ones. I hope in the future others you come across in this forum UNLESS ASKED, you would reduce your insults.
constructive criticism is more appropriate when someone asks you for advice. To just deliberately assault or attack someone especially if they are new, shows your lack of maturity.

There's not a single person here who has exactly the same type of audio/video equipment, that is why it is insane for anyone to really BASH someone for being happy with what they have. Joking is one thing, but to attack someone for having something they like shows your mentallity!

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1025
jim you continue to amuse me. age is not always an indicator of wisdom or knowledge. i could care less who you are or how old you are. you could be the pope, the president, the county sherrif it doesnt matter. now jim, how do you know i am younger than you? no really? 44 is by no means old these days. i should have started my arguement by stating that i am 100 years old so you must shutup to my superior wisdom and knowledge. please. those that are constantly living in the past have no chance of moving forward into the future. you get stuck being nostalgic in the "good ole days" you are going to be greatly dissappointed about the present. sorry but not many people give a two sh!ts about giving older people respect for the mere fact of being older. maybe if you live in the south where the dad is like a general. im not being arrogant right, im being a dick. arrogance according to the dictionary is the state or quality of being arrogant; overbearing pride. i was bashing on the things he bought, not him;until we made it more personal. i provided a criticism as insulting as his thread title and i dont think there is anything wrong with that. i didnt attack him because he is a new guy, its because of his attitude. your judgemental comments show how ingorant and unintelligent your thought processes are. you insult my intelligence with half of your comments which are stating the obvious. go read a book or something.

Bronze Member

KingstonCanada

Post Number: 39
again if you look at this forum its from 2004 to date there isn't much to be bragging about in this bragging area so i figured I'd post some pics since no one else does that they just list there gear. Chris is right age isn't always an indicator of wisdom or knowledge he is a perfect example of this himself 45 years old and cant get out of his parents basement I respect anyone who shows it to me in the first place If you come out swinging i swing back

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1027
im shakin to my bones. you found out how old i am. musta used your super high school/college graduate intelligence to figure it out.

Bronze Member

Chula vista, Ca US

Post Number: 95
Lee, it is you who needs to read a book and re-educate yourself. Your immaturity shows in all the content of your paragraphs. It is obvious your word structure needs refinement. That can only be acheived by you returning to school, get an education. Go join the marine corps or the army, learn some discipline and respect, which i guarantee they will do in basic training, even though it's been watered down a bit these days.
You lack much knowledge in the audio world. Did you ever study electronics in a vocational college and a regular college? have you professionally worked as a high end installer and been trained as one? Like the one you are insulting?
You hide behind the internet like a coward.
It's good you cannot say that to me physically,
cuz i wouldn't mind using you as a BINDING POST,
using MONSTER CABLE. I think you'd make a good BI-WIRE.
Insulting is the only word you know and the word disrespect. It's fine you can be as disrespectful as you can on the forum and anywhere in the internet, but not to the faces of people whom you insult, which is everybody!
I have read others commenting back on you. It's not just joe and I on this thread that is speaking back to you, there are others who are calling you for what you are, a friendless audio menace.
I guess we can classify you as an ecoustic loser!

who's laughing at who....? like what bugs bunny used to say, WHAT A MAROON!
No more compliments from my end, whatever you dish, i will dish out. Ever heard of a triangle, four square lock, half nelson/full nelson, corkscrew, ankle/knee lock, rear/naked choke?
armbar, leg lock, splash, hook, elbow?
Try having us use a mono block with these manuveurs on you!

Do yourself a favor, don't comment back and just leave us alone. COMMENT ON AUDIO STUFF IF YOU HAVE HALF A BRAIN which i doubt!

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1028
jim, you seem to forget that you are the one who started sh!t with me. i never said anything to you, it was directed to joe. i can understand joe being pissed off at me but your insults are unwarranted towards me. a mature and repsectable "adult" would realize that nonsense banter between two people is not helped by adding you own set of insults. a mature and respectable individual would realize that someone has to mediate the arguement and solve it as quickly as possible without futher exacerbating the situation. you did the exact opposite and decided it was in the best interest to add your own set on insults directed to me. and, yes i have studied E&M physics so i do know a bit. your last post really does show that you cannot quite control yourself when it comes to being an adult about things. again, you have read only a small fraction of my posts and dont even have close to an idea of what kind of person i have been on this board. i wonder if you ever heard "don't judge a book by its cover". i guess not. well good day to you jim. i hope you werent expecting me to actually listen you and take your last sentence seriously.

Bronze Member

Chula vista, Ca US

Post Number: 98
that's all i wanted to hear, something POSITIVE
from you...like E&M physics.

The point i have always mentioned everywhere is that
everyone is going to have different TASTE of whatever it is. It's much better to admonish than to criticize. Constructive criticism is only warranted when it is ACCEPTED by the receiving end, otherwise, it's an attack.
Much more productive when you people stick to the positive side of the thread whatever it is?
This guy joe happens to like his set up, RIGHT OR WRONG in your eyes, doesn't give you a right to tell someone why they shouldn't be happy with what they got and do what makes them happy. this is the same with the bose crowd, i make not like many of the bose products claim, but if that product is what some people like, more power to them. That was always and always will be my point regarding audio/video electronics and anything else!

NEXT THREAD please!

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1029
i was expecting an appologetic remark, not a congratulatory remark.

Bronze Member

Chula vista, Ca US

Post Number: 100
if it soothes threadsters, i apologize i hate bose and i said whatever it is that i said that i thought i didn't say but did say thinking i said something that i said i didn't mean to say meaning i didn't meant saying what i didn't intent to say without saying it?

Did i make any sense, neither does bose or this thread?

You have to admit it, the picture of this thread may not be set up in it's optimal and preferred set up acoustically using a soundmeter and a dbx or behringer multi processor, but at least it's not a BOSE!
ok, i apologize that i said mean things to you and anyone regarding this forum, this thread and whatever? I am here to help the gullible not the nerds, the geeks and the dweebs (all audiophiles), i need help from them, much smarter than i, better ears too since mine is filled with years of wax build up from being exposed to bose starting with 601's and 901's which is actually best design out of all their designs besides the 802, which tells you something? still can't compare with the rest cause it's far from being the best when put to the test!
there goes your apologies. it only cost me two cents
i'm now going to find me a bose user to harass!
does that make me a bose stalker?

ps, if you guys don't want to lose your girlfriends or mates, don't bash bose!
for some reason, women seem to like it. I have been in lots of homes doing installs for the husband or boyfriend but single women and attached seem to like bose thru ignorance.
Unless of course, the women are educated audiophiles or enthusiast.

Dogs like bose too, cause they know they don't have competition out barking the bose. The same with the rooster. I haven't received any complaints from them yet.

i'm a bose sound enforcement officer. anyone who files a restraining order against bose sound, i enforce according to the laws of physics!

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1030
i wonder where fancy-pants joe went

Bronze Member
Username: Europa760

Post Number: 18
is everyone so annoying on these forums?

the dude has his setup, its not a contest. Why is everyone so sensitive and insecure?

Bronze Member
Username: Daniel_canada

Canada

Post Number: 75
It's a bragging area, there are flames in this area.

Username: Polksavage

Post Number: 8
Christopher Lee
you tak alot of smack for a guy who cant backup with pics.

Post Number: 9
Christopher Lee
you talk alot of smack for a guy who cant backup with pics.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1046
another loser with nothing better to do.

Post Number: 10
LOL another loser, looks like your the loser coming on her talking trash to people with nothing to back you up. Talking big about what you have. At least these guys have the balls to put pictures of their stuff instead of just their imaginary system

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1048
these guys? there is one set of pics moron. pull your head out of your self-righteous @ss. you must be 10 years old like joe and jim. it isnt until now that i am provoked to go after you. if you wanted to get me back into this convo you should have thought of a more intelligent way than using the tone that you have used. you are just like every other noob to this board. you want to go to every post that i may have been a little brash and try to stir crap? get a life man. listen to some music.

Bronze Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Greensburgh, PA US

Post Number: 14
Spark it up dudes. Chris, you ARE a very short tempered dude, or, girl, or whatever you are. I've been following your posts for quite some time and it seems that you are in desperate need of some kind of medication or laxitive to loosen you up. Can I get an AMEN on that from anybody?

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1049
paul, you havent even been a member for a month. please. it seems all you noobs here want to pick on me huh?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
HAHAHAHAHA Paul good one see this guy probably lives in his moms basement.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
I have guys like Chris coming in my store everyday "LOOKING" at stuff and never buying. They like to come in and talk big dlp this, lcd that and they always have the same answer "i'll be back when the price comes down. they never buy and they always have an opinion of everyone elses stuff when they have no idea what their talking about. I've been seling audio/video for 10 years and I've seen everything come and go in that time. I've heard all the speakers worth listening to. My whole system was purchased directly from the reps who sell to my store so I paid the same price my store sells to the consumer. So I've had the chance to have many systems WAY out of my normal price range. B&W speaker chris we sold them for 4 months in our store. We sold one pair and it was from an out of town client. So it highly doubtful you have a pair when your looking on the internet for refurbs and discounts. and if you have the balls to give me your serial number I'd love to go on my database and check those numbers but I'm sure you dont even know what a b&w speaker looks like in person

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1051
*sigh*, i will give you the serial numbers when i get home later tonight. since you didnt bother to read what i actually wrote like all the other bozos that are new here the Matrix 1s were given to me by me father and i bought the 601s on ebay for a very good price. just because a speaker is out of your price range doesnt mean that wouldnt own them.
a funny thing is that whenever someone has to try and be a noteworthy person they always say they own a store. whats the name of your store mister? where is it registered to the BBB? or is it that you just work there? its quite sad when someone has to pretend to be an authoritative figure to make lame, unfounded points.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
AHAHAHAHA out of my price range you funny. And I dont OWN a store you stooge I work here, I never said I owned it. And I am an authority. I been trained by, toshiba, samsung, panasonic, sony,yamaha and lg. We sell high end speakers from polk and infinity. I've been to korea with lg to see the appliance plants there and have been to many conferences on the new products for the seasons. So jack@ss keep working in your call centre and try and write something people want to read

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1053
well then it would improper to say "my store" wouldnt it? high end from polk and infinity isnt that high end. your "training" only extends to companies that make electronics equipment, not speakers. i dont know what your comment on B&W was supposed to mean but it is common knowledge that B&W is the worlds best selling speaker company in the world. they also happen to make some of the best speakers in the world, george lucas uses a set in his studio. you go on ebay and you are bound to find atleast 20 sets there and about the same on audiogon so they arent rare pieces to find. jim, can you name the store you work in or are you too embarassed that it happens to be circuit city? dont know of many audio salesman that travel to korea to look at washers and dryers.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
oooh no answer! Maybe you have finally shut your snivelling little mouth. Or is it that your boyfriend has your mouth full of something?? Ya thought so. I guess we will hear something in what about 3.. 3 1/2 minutes.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1054
so i guess im still the only one that is immature and talking smack huh? i actually work in a lab and was having some time off before in my office. it seems like your age is starting to show. notice i havent used any derogatory remarks towards you and yet you attack me with them. if you read anything here you would know that i dont have problem with people using what they can to make the best of things in their setups. its when you declare your own the best when there is much room for improvement. you need to stop being a baby about this and move on. also notice that although i do know what your setup is i havent commented on it, cause i dont know what it looks like. joe's setup isnt bad in terms of equipment, just application and execution could be better. if i lack credibility then what do you have that makes you better or more credible than me? the fact that you work at store selling speakers? i can go to the local tweeter and fill out an app and start selling things. from this banter that you have caused all i see is someone that needs a couple more years growing up before joining the real world. granted i havent seen any of your posts outside of the bragging section, you dont give much room for your own credibility.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
what is the preoccupation you have with age? Age is meaningless when it comes to talking about product or placement. I have 16 year old kids coming in to talk av and they know more than the reps from the companies. You keep telling people to grow up when they dont agree with you. this post started with himsaying "LOOK AT MY SYSTEM" not look how I placed my system. His equipment is good, I'm not a jbl fan but i looks great. Who are you to come on here and chew anyone out. your the only person I've had a problem with cause you come on here and cut people up and use the same lame answers. "grow up" "maturity is needed" you need to sit down with a good councillor and find out why you need to put people down. Did your parents not hug you enough?

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1057
jim, you need to reread the thread title. he wasnt saying "look at my system" he was saying "look at my system because you dont know how to make a good one". i dont chew people out, i react to other people's ignorance. you see, the problem with you and most of the new people here is that you are well, new. last year there were quite a few babling trolls on this board. they all either left or got kicked off for their behavior. like i told watson and joe, take a look at my older posts if you find any. using company reps as the standard is not a good idea. they are there to sell things, not tell you how it is built. most only know enough to sell their products to the unknowning sucker. im the only person you have problems with because you started the whole mess. not only that, but you have 23 posts and have been here for less than a month. dont see how you could be conversing with other people on this board. the sad part about your rebuttal is its not really a rebuttal. there is nothing that indicates you really read my posts only that you pcik and choose what you think you can attack back. if you really do work at circuit city there is nothing wrong with that, but its not the all time best vendor of A/V equipment. instead of the response you gave me dont you think something like,"actually i do work at CC. I got my system there with the employee discount so i can save up for a better system." or even,"yea i am a salesman but i am working my way up to sales manager". if you so desire, i can continue this forever so as long as you realize that you were the one that started all this and you should end it with a small apology.

Username: Soy_un_pendidor

Post Number: 5
hey, let me post a "." on every thread around so I can have enough posts so that people will take me seriously, because we all know that quantity of posts means you know more than everyone else, right?

well, I guess seeing on how I'm still in the single digits of posting I'll be ignored.

I drank a lava lamp. It wasn't real lava, thank goodness!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
LOL Mr groovy thanks for making my point. we all know that 1000 posts of garbage doesnt make you an authority all it makes you is a loud mouth with too much time on his hands. you should more time on your wife and maybe she'll teach you some manners. have a nice day :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
oh I dont work at a big box store. I work for a gentlemen who was selling av when it was a transistor radio. If you were in the business and knew anything at all then you'd know something about reps. Our Lg rep has been here many times and can take apart a tv and show you what every part does and then put it back together blindfolded. I dont know how the reps in your area of the world are but ours are quite knowledgeable and could definatley teach you something

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
Zorro you hit that on the mark. That moron is the biggest know it all jerk offs that I have ever seen in my life. If i wasnt at work I wouldnt be sitting here doing this but this knob has me and my workmate here laughing our @sses off. My buddy would like to get a hold of that chump for just one second and he would be pulling B&W speakers out of his rectumm for the next week. Enjoy your Kock sandwhich with no bun, Chris. Everyone despises your pathetic @ss. Have a NICE day. :-) Hows that for a small apology???

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1058
everyone? you three are really laughable. i could care less what you three noobs have to say about me. if you cant make an arguement against the points i bring up, then dont bother. you want those numbers or no? already settled on how you think of me?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
yeah your an @ss and I really could care less. I'm pretty sure no one on this forum takes you seriously so I have nothing else to prove

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1059
whatever you say jim bob.

Username: Soy_un_pendidor

Post Number: 6
hey, since we're all totally piling on, don't forget that the proper term is "I couldn't care less..."

if you say "I could care less," that means you actually do care!

i slit the sheet, the sheet i slit and on the slitted sheet i sit.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
see thats his subconscious telling us were hurting his feeling. poor poor little chris at least you blow up doll loves you

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1061
unfortuately you are wrong groovy:
http://www.randomhouse.com/wotd/index.pperl?date=19960610
its a shame the admin abandons this forum to let people like you continue. i find it rather sad that this is what the future generation is coming to.

Bronze Member

Greensburgh, PA US

Post Number: 18
Daaaaaamn! Smacked back! Who's keeping score?

Username: Corollaman

Post Number: 1
I just HAD to get in on this action!

It looks like Mr. Lee and Mr. Varcoe agree that "COULD CARE LESS" is the right way to say it!

It's settled then, they're ALL idiots!

Play nice, children, and that's what you all are, no matter how old you claim to be or no matter what equipment you say you have.

What a great pi$$ing contest! When do you start talking about each other's mothers?

haha!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
I cant believe he took the time to go look that up on the net HAHA

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1062
i hope it wasnt too embarassing that i caught you with your pants down? its going to take a lot more than that to get me riled up. ive already seen the wonderful true colors of jim, zorro and groovy, do as far as im concerned you guys are the jackasses here.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
as far as your concerned, you probably think your right in any situation

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1063
after such a dry spell you guys have made this forum fun again. so how long did it take you to make that paul? i hope it wasnt a self-portrait that you used. and jim, regardless of what SN you use, i still know its you. im not as stupid as some of you guys.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
lol too funny ya chris I'm every other person in this forum. its only me and you on this whole web page

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1065
so any more mind boggling insults or arguements you guys have, or are you gonna keep calling me a f@g or something or other? im sure you guys are more creative than that. nope, sorry im giving you guys too much credit. come on guys, keep it comin. i didnt know you people were this lame.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1067
actually i am pretty lightened up paul. its pretty funny how a bunch of idiots can gather all in one place and come up with the same lame insults. you are gonna have to try harder than that jim, or has shamu come back?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
hahaha your pathetic chris

Silver Member

Chula vista, Ca US

Post Number: 108
I haven't been here awhile. The new posts are funny!
Christopher lee have managed to start more arguements with NEW people again and again?

The only ones that CAN really brag i assume if they are big audiophile fanatics are those international wealthy people at www.exoticaudio.org
check it out! Very few people on this forum can own these high end systems.

by the way, i'm one of those people whom mr. lee have attacked before. I guess it is you mr. lee that might need to change your approach a little bit.

constructive criticism IF ASKED FOR is more positive. INSULTS is the way to get tons of negative replies even personal attacks.

This forum is supposed to be an audio forum, but since i've been a member, some of the people here including some of the veterans have turned it into
an ATTACK forum on people trying to just share their personal systems. It doesn't matter whether you like, agree or disagree with someone's system. At least have an open discussion of WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY regarding a system. Some people like bose, but to some it's CRAP, that's an example, at least have a meaningful discussion on expressing what makes one happy with whatever they got!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
exactely Mr Watson

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1069
watson, lets get this staright. you are the one that went after me first just like varco here. i merely reacted. the people with the problems are you guys. i am the common denominator because you guys went after the same person. if you want positive criticism start with positive remarks and rebuttals. dont think any of you guys bothered with that. what seems to be the common denominator with you guys is you havent been here a long time so you dont know the dynamics of this forum and how its been going down the tubes since last year because of people like yourselves. the thing that is even sadder is the the admin puts no effort to bring sanity to this forum. if he or moderators were present and doing their jobs this thread would have been controlled. yea i probably would have had a warning but so would all of you guys. you want maturity and adult like conduct start with yourselves before going after other people.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3389
^^ I totally agree with Chris.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
seems to me the people agreeing wioth chris are the guys who want to beat down anyone who is proud of their system. the people who come on here and instead of saying something positive or helpful just want to shut people down and make them feel bad aboput the stuff theve worked hard to put together. Just because you have alot of posts on a forum doesnt mean you know more or have more experience or that you comments have more relevence. Does it count the thousands of posts I have on forums across the internet no. My opinion is mine. From the knowledge and the experience I've gained in my years in the business. I dont come on here to make people think I know more than them like CHris seems to have the problem with. I came on here to share ideas and see what otehr people have done with their home theatres. If youd read the thread I originally started by telling chris to put up or shut up, WHICH this forum is based on. if you going to challenge someone on their system at least have the balls to put your own to the same scrutiny. Chris decided to start mouthing off like most whimps who have more show that go. the term all talk no action comes to mind. but instead of being a man and putting his system out there he attacks all the new people saying we're bringing this forum down. This forum is for ALL member not the ones looking to win the highest post competition.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1071
jim, i asked you if you wanted the serial numbers for my speakers. you didnt reply. since you are such an upstanding member of this forum i was going to use you to prove i own what i stated i owned. instead you continued your h0mosexual references with lack or creativity and took an overreacted offence to things pulling in more useless discourse. i never claimed i know more from longer stay or more posts. i stated i have been here longer so i know what this place has been like way before you joined. i thought the second time around you would have caught on to that.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1073
also jim, if i was trying to have the highest post count i would be posting a lot more than i am right now. try looking at the main page for the forum and you will see people with well over 5000 posts. go to the car audio section and almost everyone has 1000 posts. one thing i forgot to mention is the fact that i listed my systems very much like other people in this forum.

jexx, i suppose we are the losers of this forum that just want high post counts huh? maybe we should start a thread to see who can post more nonsense. wait, thats what this post is for and we have too many participants.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3390
Jim,

High post counts indeed might not mean much for experience, but they show a dedication to the forum and its well-being. In a way, Chris has better intentions by default because he wants to keep his good status.

And no, I never agreed or even stated that I like the practice of 'beating down anyone that is proud of their system.'

I do admit Chris was being a bit too brutal with his description of the system originally.

But, Jim, the first post you made here was

quote:

Christopher Lee
you tak alot of smack for a guy who cant backup with pics.

You started out in this thread with malicious intent. What did you expect?

Chris did throw in some pretty nasty remarks, but none and I repeat NONE were as bad as the one you made in particular:

quote:

fuuuuuuuck you. Get off daddys dick and get a job. who cares where I work, just know thats its a job a faggott like you would dream about. You are a spineless loser that cockks off on an audio forum, your probably 5"2 and 110 pounds. You have no credibility on here at all and people only laugh at you. We dont care if you have a nice system, because you are a loser, I repeat, LOSER. See ya fagg.

In fact, the majority of your posts are attacking Christopher Lee and would be classified as 'flaming' and 'off-topic' This forum is for critique of audio systems, of which you have done none to very little of. I would encourage you to do that instead of attacking Christopher Lee. Realize you aren't getting anywhere and you're really just degrading the quality of this thread and by extension, the forum. Please stop.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1074
what i dont understand is the obsession of going after me when casey, stu pitt, and eric lawerence say the same things as me. stu says outright that the sub sucks when he says it sounded like it was broken. he says the same things i do. he even mentions before i do that his title is pretty rude considering the setup is not all that great. casey says the same thing shortly afterwards. stu has a slight misunderstanding from my miscommunication but is is ADULT enough to appologize and move on. then eric lawrence goes on to say everyting that casey, stu and i have said in like two sentences. the result? I get flamed from beginning to end. this is the part of this whole thread that i still dont understand. maybe you guys thought i was an easier target or something. well it doesnt really matter to me, i know that there is one other sensible person in this forum willing to put some backing to me. i do admit the inital statement may have been too much jexx, but the following remarks topped my stuff.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
there you go again saying something sucks and if you people were smart enough to notice that was the only post that was out of charecter for me...............Could it be the guy I work with put that post on with my initials because I didnt log outta my comp at work? and notice that right after there was another person posting rude remarks to chris. thats the person I work with who read chris' remarks as a outsider of the forum and thought the same. so he made his own account and is still on here.

and Jexx I love how you come outta of nowhere to come to the aid of chris when everyone else in this thread thinks the same of him. Chris did you call out to a friend for help?

but it's like beating a dead horse it just wont move

Bronze Member
Username: Europa760

Post Number: 31
are you guys serious?

jesus christ

thats a sweet system with some cool stuff thatd work for a lot of people. I don't see what there is to argue about. If you don't like it, thats no big deal, just take a deep breath and settle down.

like its an nsync forum or something.

Bronze Member

Greensburgh, PA US

Post Number: 46
Actually it does look nice. Clean and sharp. If you're still around Joe, and I don't blame you if you're not, how many movies do you have on those 200 gig drives?

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1078
europa, it is an ok system but not a gold standard like joe wanted to make it out as.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
I need to add a comp to my system, mac or pc?

Bronze Member
Username: Gamerdude

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 95
joe ncie stuff man hope to have that when i;m 20:P

Bronze Member
Username: Alphabet

Cape TownSouth Africa

Post Number: 94
Hmmm, interesting! A hothead claiming to have a "real" system and who makes claims about Bose's "technology".

Well I suppose after being exposed to that technology he cannot be blamed for thinking he has a real system :-)

I think that is really what got some of the guys hot under the collar. Yes, it is nice for someone as young as you to make small strides towards acquiring a decent setup, but NEVER brag about it and do not take criticism personally. Even those of us who have been in this game for many years still learn something new every day.

By the way, I know of a 16 year old in the UK who has quite decent setup if age is of importance here.

Bronze Member
Username: Deadhorse

Post Number: 21
All you need now is your own house and you'll be all set, renting sucks, I know, I used to do it when I was a little boy.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3844
Let's keep any type of flaming out of this thread, Abe. It has had enough of it as it is. Thanks. :-)

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1089
i think abe actually has a good point, the same point that i was trying to make so i think he is more than welcome to speak his mind considering all the flamers thought otherwise.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
LOL you ladies are still Whining in here

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1096
not any more than you are annoying. lets keep your smart alek remarks out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us