Media Room Set up

Username: Sush_dawg

Post Number: 1
I am in the process of getting a new home built. Before the wiring etc goes in, would like some of the expert advice from the folks in this forum.

I already have the equipment which I used in a room that was sort of a media Room. What I need to know is where should my wiring go based on the equipment I have. Right now I have:

1. Yamaha RX-V650 REceiver
2. 2x Polk RTi8
3. 2x Polk Fx3 (rear)
4. Polk csi3 (center)
5. Polk PS303 (Sub)
6. Samsung DLP HLP5063
7. Samsung DVD Player DVDHD841

I intend having Dishnetwork with Hi-Def. I intend wiring for 7.1 but just have the above equipment till I can get the extra speakers.

There will be a niche/indent in the shorter wall for the TV till I can save up to get a proper entertainment center built.

What I like to know is based on the speakers I have, where should I place them in the room. Also where should I have the wiring for the other speakers for the future.

Its a room that is 17'8" x 16'8". Intend putting the niche on the shorter wall. I could do with out this and maintain a straight wall - your input on this?

I would really appreciate your input and expertise in helping me get this set up. Would like to know the location and the height at which each speaker wiring should go and what kind of speakers would you recommend.

I have a pair of each of JBL HLS 620 and 615, would this work to make the room 7.1 or should I save up and get some better speakers?

I've attached a sktech of the room if that may help.

This is a long messgae - hope to hear back.

Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us