I would like to see some people brag here!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Disco_stan

Post Number: 66
I will soon, but not yet.

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 246
yeah, where is everybody?

Anonymous

I have a big stereo!!!

Username: Tonytiger

Post Number: 3
I'm trying but the limitations are more than just <100kb. It also can not exceed 600x600 pixels. Back to Paint Shop Pro.

Username: Quartzdesign

Post Number: 8
Here's a link to my recent set-up - I just purchased my Axioms 2 weeks ago.
Click Here

Silver Member

Post Number: 433
very nice set up steve! I love those HKs
cheers

Username: Revan

Los angeles, Ca Usa

Post Number: 9
i'm well endowed... in the home theater area.

jupiter
Unregistered guest
steve...you need more space for your speakers...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
I know! the only way I can do that is by buying a new house! LOL!

glendarm
Unregistered guest
i have a biger home stero than any of you

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Funny how Glendarm & Paul talk about how great their stuff is but no pics. Hey, I know my stuff is only entry level as I am new to the HTS hobby. But for anyone to just say mine is better than yours with no back-up, how credible can they be?

Bronze Member

PA US

Post Number: 66
Steve-
Nice stuff. The Axioms look great. How rich is the sound? If you check my stuff I had a more severe wife acceptance factor to please.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
Don't get me wrong, my wife FREAKED when she saw the boxes from Axiom. She was used to the diminutive Bose we used to have. I basically had to appease her with $10K in home improvements!

I have to say that the imaging of the front soundstage is phenomenal! Audio is very clear! I did calibrate my HTS so the QS8's are awesome surround sounds. To be honest, I was expecting more from the EP350 in terms of bass but I think it is more of a placement issue in my room. The M60's are super clean - I had no placement issues with them and they blend in with the vp150 very well.

I have to say that I do like your stealthy set-up. If I had the space for it, I'd try to blend everything into the room so it wasn't so obtrusive.

Bottom line is if we are happy with what we got that's all that matters.

One question about your sub - since it's hidden away, are their any vibration issues?

-Steve

mab
Unregistered guest
i couldnt do the pictures because it exceads the seiz

Bronze Member

PA US

Post Number: 67
Steve-
Your setup is great, I just had to agree to hide it away to get my wife to agree to the plasma.
The sub has not had any vibration problem, in fact, the wood cabinet seems to enhance the low tones. Some might think it is more muddy but I use the cross over in the Marantz and then dial in the volume on the sub to my taste. It also has settings for cross over and phase in the sub. Quite versatile.
Some have complained that Carver throws watts at the sub to get the heavy magnet to move faster, but I have been happy with it. It is a 9" cube and hides well but produces nice tone.
My weak part so far is the BOSE cubes for rear surrounds but they fooled me a couple of times. In 'Ghost Ship' I heard dripping behind me and thought it was a leak, but it was the movie. In another movie we heard thunder in the distance and thought there was a storm coming but it was in the rear surrounds!

mean
Unregistered guest
sony ss-cn230 center channel , sony ss-v230 surrouns, sony ss-v230 mains , sony unpowered subwoofer, sony 5.1 channel amplifier with built-in tuner 100 watts x 5

new
Unregistered guest
450 watt per ch @ 8 ohm stereo power amp, 700 watts per channel at 4 ohms. 1600 watts @ 8 ohms bridge mono.Greater heat resistance for long running time; this amp will give a true 450 watts per channel and will go all night long without missing a single bass hit. Electronic start delay protection; short circuit protection; correct CLIP system; dual cooling fans with automatic dual speed operation; quarter inch and XLR inputs; stereo/bridge switch; ground/lift switch; nuetrik and binding post outputs. THD= 20Hz - 20KHz < 0%. Frequency response= 20Hz - 20KHz ± 0.5 db. Signal to noise ratio ³ 110 db. Size - 19 x 5 1/8 x 18.5d. 3 rack spaces. Weight - 43 lbs.
MAX-AMP-2X450

new
Unregistered guest
Order 1 MAX-EC-115-SFH, 1 MAX-WF-15PRO, 1 MAX-HD-DT40, 1 MAX-XO-2W4K. SpeakerMax Full range speaker. One 15 inch woofer with 130 oz magnet, 5x15 horn with titanium compression driver. 500 watts continuous, 1000 watts peak. 8 ohms. Frequency response 35 to 20k Hz. Sensitivity 108dB@1w/1m. Two 1/4 inch jacks and 2 Speakon jacks. Metal corners. SIZE (HxWxL)- 33x24.25x17.25, WEIGHT- 72, COVERING-Black carpet. For safe shipping, this unit comes without the woofer installed. A phillips screwdriver and a few minutes will have the job done. $$$ UPS GROUND SHIPPING=$39
MAX-04-15PRO-1
$226 each

new
Unregistered guest
http://www.cheaplights.com/catalog/01_viewimg.php?img=00_all_LGimg/203.max.eq30. c.jpg

Mark Connelly
Unregistered guest
I am almost ashamed to say what I have after seeing all those big numbers here! But here it goes, I have little Bose 501 series V front speakers, Bose VCS-10 Center Channel, couple of Sharp 100W 2/w Bookshelf speakers on 36" stands for the rear. Driving the fantastic Bose is an equally fantatic Onkyo DS484 boasting 55 watts/ch x 5. Also driven is the 150 watt Infinity RS-12 powered subwoofer. Pioneer DV434 Progressive scan dvd, a Sony CDP-CX55 50+1 disc cd player, and a Sony SLV-750HF VCR. Providing the video to go with the sound is a Toshiba 51" HDTV 51HX83. All I need is a set of Bose 301's for the rears and I consider myself set. (yea, right! ;^) )

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Can we see pictures? I think the presentation of your system is just as important as the gear you have.
I myself started with a Sharp HTIB then upgraded to a Bose AM15 with a H/K reciever. Now I have Axioms and have just completed my order for new Denon gear.
It's a hobby and everyone has their budget that they have to live within. The key is finding gear you like that sounds good to you.

I look forward to seeing people's set-ups. It's always interesting to find creative ways for spreaker placement

Silver Member

Minnesota

Post Number: 127
BTW...How do you post pictures on the forum, I do have a digital camera.

Silver Member

Minnesota

Post Number: 131
Ok, Well I got something that will work. My personal home theatre is in my bedroom and its a little ghetto, but it is getting there:

http://www.msnusers.com/ce1omg4du8sa8j1anmjdlepqg5/documents.msnw?fc_a=0&fc_p=%2 FPictures

Go ahead, make fun of it!

Bronze Member
Username: Jdsaenz1

Post Number: 21
Love to see the pics, but couldn't get past the gates of MSN's Groups. Any other way we can see your setup?

Silver Member

Post Number: 599
I can't see it, Matt.

Anonymous

Hi everyone. Thought I'd indulge you with some photos I had taken of my families theaters. We currently have 3 theaters at our estate (I don't think we're adding anymore!), and each is unique in its decorum to suit every personality in our family.

This first theater photo is of my wife's theater. She and her sisters ("don't you have a home of your own?!") spend a lot of time watching their favorite movies. Originally, this theater was the 'family' theater, but I soon tired of the decorum and wanted a drastic change. She totally disagreed (she likes cherrywood and such), so I opted to create my own theater later on. Here is her theater:

1sttheater1.jpg

Next, I'd like to show you my kids' theater. They're both teens, and they have their own ideas about what looks 'cool'. I call it the 'refrigerator' because it looks like one and feels like it, too! This was built about a year and a half after our first theater:

theatersilver1.jpg

Finally, my own theater, which I mentioned earlier has lots more life and color, I think, than our first theater. Needless to say we no longer have a library, but I think everyone is still happy (at least I know I am!):

myTheater1.jpg

Please let me know what you think. Thanks for looking!

Silver Member

Post Number: 605
uh-oh...it's not working.

Anonymous

I'm sorry about that...I was able to obtain some online space to post the photos here (sorry about the first pic - old photo w/fairly poor 35mm).

Here is our first theater (wifey's, now):

1sttheater1.jpg

Anonymous

I'm sorry about that...I was able to obtain some online space to post the photos here (sorry about the first pic - old photo w/fairly poor 35mm).

This is our first (wife's) theater:

http://pattersonprojects.tripod.com/1sttheater1.jpg

Our kids' (and all their friends') theater:

http://pattersonprojects.tripod.com/theatersilver1.jpg

And finally, my newest (keyword: my)addition:

http://pattersonprojects.tripod.com/myTheater1.jpg

Hope these links work for you.
(If not, I don't know what to do!)

Silver Member

Post Number: 860
they won't let us in...oh well!

Username: Dan_the_man

London, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2
Upload
Here are some pictures, just fooling around with a new digital cam. CC-250 cerwin centre. Cerwin e-208 rears, not bad. Intergrating my old system with the new. Panasonic 53 inch widescreen.

My new 20-39 pc+ here, right next to my infinity rs-5's. Its starting to take form!
Upload

London, Ontario Canada

sorry here is the picture of the rearsUpload

Silver Member

Post Number: 937
nice:-)
Is that a plasma TV??

London, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 4
you might like this shot, ok i;m done now! lolUpload

London, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 5
naw just a rear projection, i just got it a couple weeks ago an upgrade from a 27in.

Michigander
Unregistered guest
My stuff
H/k 320 receiver
H/K DVD22
Pioneer cd
Athena as-f2 mains
Athena as-c1 center
Athena as-r1 rears
Athena as-p400 sub
Home made cabinet
Sound stage is great, speakers are very detailed

michigander
Unregistered guest
Here's a link to another site that let's you actually post photos. I could not get them to post on this site. To see other photo's look under Joe C. in member area.\linkhttp://gallery.audioreview.com/showphoto.php?photo=26&password=&sort=1&cat=2&pag e=1

Silver Member

Post Number: 994
nice setup...is that all in the same home??:-)

michigander
Unregistered guest
No each photo is a diffent persons system.Just click on gallery index to see all other systems.

Username: Angus_pitbull

Mississauga, Ontario Canada

hey guys,
here is a link to pic's of my meager ht.
enjoy.

http://community.webshots.com/user/pitbull5086

angus.

Ramses
Unregistered guest
Hey guys,
Nothing to brag about but very humble and happy owner of:
Pioneer Elite VSX 53 Receiver
NAD C270 Power Amp (for fronts)
NAD C541i CD Player
TDK DA 5900 CD Recorder / Player
Denon 2200 DVD Player
POLK RTi 12 Front Speakers
Infinity Video 1 Center
Infinity Towers reference 2006 Surround Speakers
Infinity 10" Entra Sub
Siver Serpent Audio Interconnects.

peace !

Ramses
Unregistered guest
OH Yes !

Sorry ! .....Sony 53" Projection TV

Good luck everyone !

Ramses
Unregistered guest
OH Yes !

Sorry ! .....Sony 53" Projection TV

Good luck everyone !

Username: Cooldudejz

Ramses how good is your sound. i know u have a nice system, but your center and fronts are supposed to be the same. your timbre matching must be way off.

Ramses
Unregistered guest
Brian,

You are right ! I have been wanting to add a Polk Center LSiC....Just need to save a little bit more.

The infinity that I currently have is not that good.

Peace!

Username: Kevin_eastman

Post Number: 6
Steve,

Just got to your April 8th pics. Looks nice and looks loud. I missed what kind of sub. Are you happy with it?

666_Gonzo_666
Unregistered guest
Heres My Curent Setup:

VIDEO:

-Xbox Video Game Console, used for DVD and Halo.

-Mitsubishi VS-466CA 46" Rear Projection Television

SOUND:

-Kenwood VR-6070 THX Receiver(beleive it or not, this makes an AWSOME pre-pro)

-(x3)Kenwood M2A 2 Channel Power Amp(220x6(I have 3)Powering all my speakers except sub.

-Sony SA-WX700 250 watt Digital amp, push pull dual 10"

-Kenwood CD-404 Basic 5 disc, using SL-16 System Control so U can use my remote from anywhere in my house

-Quest QT-88 Main Tower Speakers, 200w

-(x2)Quest QC-5 Center Speaker, 150w...Surround Back as well

- Quest Q-610, Rear Speakers, 125w

Then I got the Kenwood's internal amp (B Speakers)powering a Pair of JBL Studio Monitors(Model 4331's) Single 15" Driver with a slighty edgy(at high volume)horn tweeter.

I need someone to tell me how to compress my photos so I can put my pictures on here!!!

..Uh, how can pictures be less than -1 kb's?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1331
Gonzo , what kind of photo editor or photo viewing program do you have?

666_Gonzo_666
Unregistered guest
um, I have whatever comes with XP Home. Paint?

Bronze Member
Username: Rkvfire

Vancouver, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 89
Hey guys,

i just came accross this side of the forum.. i will be postin pics of my high end ht pretty soon.. the wilson audios, krells, ronco projector etc.

and ill post photos of my bedroom unit.. rotel,paradim, 34"16:9 hd samsung lcd. pioneer universal dvd-a/sacd player, plus more.. pics i will post soon.

Bronze Member
Username: Natediggidy

Baltimore, Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 56
Upload

My sub. Sealed box 15". Powered with 460 w.r.m.s.
The rest of the project is in the works.

new guy
Unregistered guest
I am new to true Home Theater. We have been enjoying our 60" Mitsubishi rear projection TV for a couple years without any HT speakers. Well I just bit the bullet and ordered what I hope to give me a huge bang for the buck. Spent $2400

I would welcome all opinions.

Just ordered all this stuff on-line last night so I don't have any of it yet. Just tracking numbers.

Yamaha RX-V2500 910 Watt 7.1 receiver.
Axiom Epic 50 speaker package

already have:

Mitsubishi 60" rear projection
DirecTV RCA Tivo DVR
Sony DVP-NS400D DVD
Mitsubishi HS-U590 VCR

My living room is 12x23x8

I did as much research as I could. Started out with a budget of $1300. Was looking at the Yam RX-V750 with either Cambridge Soundworks or Definitive speakers. I am embarrassed to say I slightly went over budget by over $1000 buying what I got instead. Hope I spent wisely This Home Theater stuff is expensive.

Unregistered guest
Here's mine:

http://www.geocities.com/floyd_1977/ht_equipment.html

The TV is a cheap 52" GE I got at Best Buy for $888. DVDs look pretty good on it, but I haven't tried it with an HD signal yet.

infinity2
Unregistered guest
would like to brag, my equipment may be impressive, but base on biamped kappa 9 giving me tears. Base isn't there even with 270 watts at 8 ohms. Now I refomed other speakers -- should I refoam these even it they look good or is there some trick to tuneing these -- anyone kow?

Username: Scott_tv

No pics but the keypoints are Bose Acoustimass 10, Sony STR DE-995 receiver and the tv...

Hitachi 42PD7800TA Plasma. Biggest? no, but definitely a cut above most I have seen.

I'm sort of new to home theater but I think I'm off to a decent start.

Silver Member

Minnesota

Post Number: 176
Sorry...I kinda neglected this thread. I have done A LOT of changes with my setup from my first attempt of posting pictures. Its now a combination of a control room and a HT. Once I get my mixing board and a few more acoustic panels made and hung I'll get some updated photos on here.

Jayb
Unregistered guest
Hey guy's I just upgraded my system (was energy veritas)

YAMMY Z9
KEF REFERENCE 207 (front)
KEF REFERENCE 205 (rear)
KEF REFERENCE 201 (SIDE)
KEF REFERENCE 202C (centre)
KEF PSW5000 SUB
KIMBRE CABLES
DENON 3910 DVD
RUNCO PROJECTOR
XBOX (MODED)

Now I know what you guys are going to say, WHERE's THE PICS. The thing is I only post from work and don't have that option, so you might find that hard to beleive. Well all I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don't break'em for no-one, understand!

Username: Jeremypogue

Hopkinsville, Ky

I'm ready to bragg a little :-) Here are some picture of my setup.

http://www.dvddirectonline.com/memberstheaters/jeremy/jeremy.html

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 688
Nathan,

Nice setup. I can tell by the 2nd photo that Elmo is thoroughly pleased.

heh...

Bronze Member
Username: Hailandkill

Post Number: 16
Very nice Jeremy! How are those 3x subs working out? Also, what model speakers ya got in there? Again, very very pretty ht! :-)

Bronze Member
Username: David_nguyen

Boston, MA USA

Post Number: 13
Well, after many months of research, including lots of opinions and advice from folks here, I've decided on the following set up. Once I've received and set up all the gear, I'll post pics. Any thoughts are welcome.
- Display: Panasonic TH-50PHD7UY plasma monitor
- A/V Receiver: Denon AVR-4806
- DVD player: Denon DV-3910
- Speakers, Fronts/Center: B&W FPM5
- Speakers, Rear: FPM2
- Subwoofer: B&W PV1

Bronze Member
Username: David_nguyen

Boston, MA USA

Post Number: 14
Sorry, put post up incorrectly...will start new one

Hopkinsville, Ky

Hey John, The subs work great. Of course my front subs don't do as much work as my powered sub but I already had them so I threw them in there. The front subs do help a lot when I'm listening to music in stero mode. From outside it just sounds like we get a lot of thunderstorms haha. The powered sub is a CV CLSV-12S. I'm not sure about the Poineer 12" subs up front.

Bronze Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth, Dorset United Kingdom

Post Number: 15
This is my JBL 4645 THX approved cinema sub bass and this beast goes she goes so loud and deep eith slam kick and rumble it's hard to ?
600watts program and up120dbc WOW and down to 18Hz...
image/bmpUpload
JBL 4645.bmp (35.1 k)

...I wouldn't settle for any thing else.
It's hard to knock her, and I've been running her for 7 years and still playing to top performance,

Plus, I must be honest here...

I love owning it. it is so choice.

If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.

Username: Bomb

Rock Spring, GA USA

Just out of curiosity jeremy, how much did the entire home theater cost. (Room, Speakers, Projector, receiver, and everthing else) I'm going to put together a home theater as well.

dustin333
Unregistered guest
my setup is as follows:
Fronts towers ATHENA: AS-F2'S
CENTER CHANNEL ATHENA: AS-C1
RIGHT AND LEFT SURROUND ATHENA: AS-B2'S
RIGHT AND LEFT BACK SURROUND ATHENA: AS-B2'S
RECEIVER ARCAM DIVA 300
SUBWOOFER SVS PB2+

Hopkinsville, Ky

Post Number: 8
Alex,
I have invested about $3,000. Keep in mind I did all the room construction myself, and my furniture was picked up at a local thrift store and my wife put new fabric on it all. I was lucky enough to find all my black wall material at wal-mart for $1.00 a yead. I was also able to get a deal on my screen material from a guy on ebay selling screen material from a theater screen, and he was cutting it down into 8 foot sections and selling it on ebay. If you put in the effort and shop around you can cut a lot of corners and still end up with a great room. The one thing I kept in mind was that I wanted the best viewing experience. I was less concerned with now the room itself looked. I didn't spend a ton of money on new theater seating and expensive lighting because it had no effect on my viewing experience. My seating is very comfortable and the lighting works fine, speaking of lighting your local Lowes will probably have wall lights like mine that only cost $10 a pop. I installed a remote controlled dimmer switch that I picked up for $20 which is very nice. My floor lighting was a set of 3 lights that was $19.99 from Lowes as well. Be creative and you will have a great room without the big bill. I helped a guy in Atlanta build a home theater room about a year ago and he ended up spending over $15,000 and most of that was for the look of the room. Don't get me wrong his room looks great, but watching a movie in my theater is every bit as good (actually better) than his and that's what was important to me.

Best of luck with your project.

Username: Bomb

Rock Spring, GA USA

Ok, thanks. I've been shopping around for acoustic material, and I think you just solved my problem.

Username: Nav

well heres my home theater, its a panasonic projector, newest out, and a sony 5.1 surround system :-) real cool to watch movies.. laterUpload

ccity employeeee
Unregistered guest
thats a great projector you have.... But why would you ruin it with a sony surround??? I am a tv salesman for circuit city and I always steer people away from sony this is because an average sony reciever has 10% THD (total Heard distortion) Which is horribble I have an Onkyo txnr 901 which is at .08% THD With 2 infinity beta 50chk's, 3 infinity beta 20 chk's, and 1 infinity c250chk, with a velodyne dps10b, possibly the best subwoofer known to man!! lol the only downside is i am to poor to afford i camera, becuase i bought all this on my circuit city card :-(

Silver Member

Minnesota

Post Number: 181
Ok Heres a start

[img]http://homerecording.com/bbs/attach...achmentid=17087[/img]

[img]http://homerecording.com/bbs/attach...achmentid=17089[/img]

Well those are just of the acoustic paneling...I'll be getting more soon.

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Atlanta, GA

Post Number: 949
links do not work

Username: Kenzpiano

NJ

Hi, Im new here.. how do you guys become silver members ? hehe just curious

Silver Member
Username: Touche6784

USA

Post Number: 598
you need 100 posts. member status meas nothing really. im silver and dont know all that much. some are gold that are real bone heads. some dont have many posts but know a lot.

Silver Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 155
Did y'all see ccityemployee's post about THD?
look up...too funny

Username: Westcott

League City, Texas

Upload

I do not wish to clutter this thread so I have posted the rest of the pictures under His and Her Room! in the Bragging Area.

Thanks to everyone for their advice, guidance, and support.

Username: Movie_collector

Folsom, California U.s

Post Number: 9
My System

Pioneer Elite 50in Plasma
Pioneer Elite DVD Player
B&K Processor
B&K AMP 200x7
Panamax Power Station
Definitive 7001 Speakers (Front)
Definitive Reference Subwoofer
Definitive 3000 Center Speaker