Username display - a big step forward

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12035
My full name was used by at least 10 persons and I have had to protest to the Admin for misuse. Now that the Admin has decided to use the unique username for display (This can't be used by anybody else), it has solved the misuse and imposter problem

Gold Member

Portland, Or

Post Number: 4173
Yeah cause the username wasnt displayed right UNDER the display name or anything?!?!

You had to be a bona fide idiot to not be able to figure out if someone using a fake display name was actually not the real person.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12039
You are wrong. When you look at the current threads list, the full name of the poster was displayed and NOT the username. That displayed name could be used by anybody with a different username and it happened to me a sufficient number of time to get very concerned.
Look at the thread in this section with the word imposter in the heading and you will realise the magnitude of the problem.
Under the new system implemented yesterday or today, this won't happen, period.

Gold Member

Quebec city, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 4290
Good news

Good work Admin
Thanks

Gold Member

Portland, Or

Post Number: 4175
"You are wrong. When you look at the current threads list, the full name of the poster was displayed and NOT the username."

YOU FAIL

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g263/Naledge503/smartone.jpg

Those are clearly the same names....

Silver Member

Post Number: 417
When we all registered, we knew that our displayed name (most prominent and on top) was our "full name" and NOT our username..it was foolish to have a "full name" but log in using your "username", and having 2 (both) names displayed with each post..

So if Ecoustics wants to have just 1 name DISPLAYED, it should be what we originally selected and wanted with our FULL NAME, not our username to be displayed..our "full names" were our prominent NICKS that we preferred to be called and used..

admin, may I suggest you reverse your recent change of displaying our "usernames' and display our "full names" instead as we all wanted...or otherwise, require us all to re-register and we'll all pick whatever "username" we want for you to DISPLAY as our NICKS, and for login purposes..

Post Number: 1
true

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12051
Go and se forums like
al7bar*tk, hashhu, satscams, and a dozen others and see what they do.
Look at you email signon and see what they do.
Try and sign on at hotmail or yahoo, etc and see what they do.

Gold Member
Username: Dude123

Post Number: 2371
good idea....

Gold Member
Username: Dude123

Post Number: 2372
but different for me I still see my username and display name both
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?